new lover (revised)

Adeelah p.o.v

I was walking to my locker but when I turned the corner I saw prince lyric (rapunzel's son, older twin brother of melody) standing there holding some beautiful calla lilies that had a gorgeous dark blue center. I walked up to him knowing what's gonna happen next.

"Hey lyric."
He jumped slightly and rearranged his glasses

"Oh hey adeelah."
"What are the flowers for."

'Please don't ask me out. I'm not in the mood.'

"Actually there for you... I heard that you have been feeling down lately so I thought some flowers might cheer you up."
"Wow. that's really thoughtful of you. Thanks."
"No problem."

I don't know what made me do this but I stopped him from walking away.

"Do you wanna hang out with me."

"Sure. what would you like to do."
"Since I'm not having a good day why don't you just play the piano with me, like we used to do when we were little."

"Sure let's go."
He grabs my hand and we make our way to the music room. He sets the piano up and plays a few of my favorite songs. Instinctively I lay my head on his arm and slowly drift off to sleep. After a while, I felt a slight shaking woke up to prince lyric telling me to wake up.
"How long was I out."

I looked around and could see that we were in a corner of the room with me in his lap and covered in his sports jacket.

"You were out for an hour and a half while I was out for about an hour."
I turned around and smiled at him.

"I guess your piano skills are getting better."
"Yea I guess so."
He stares at me intently and I know what he's thinking but I do it first. I bring myself up to him and kiss him. It's soft and slow. He relaxes into it and after a while, we break apart. Now it's my turn to stare at him. Too many memories flood my head and I run away. I forget about his jacket, his shocked face, and forget that in those few seconds of kissing we could have had something.

Gil p.o.v

I was walking through the market just taking in the smell and trying to remember how life was before I left it behind. It was weird seeing the people here compared to the people back in auradon. I wasn't paying attention and bumped into someone a lot smaller than me. I look over to see it was Hayden.

"You good hayden>"
"Peachy. I'm the daughter of hades after all."

"Sure sure. Demigods are still weak inside the bubble remember."
"Then give me a lift and let's go shopping."
I let her on my back and we go to the ice cream shop for some snacks.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too. It's been a while since we hanged out."
"We should start right now. We should do board game night like we used to before you left."

"Sure let's head back to my house."
We start walking back and halfway through she holding on to my hand

"We should play uno first."
"Anything you want."
"I want you to stay."
"Don't really have a choice."
"But if you did would you stay."
I look over at her and she looks like she gonna cry like she already knows my answer.

"Yea I'll stay."

"Yay. come on those games are waiting for us."

She rushes quickly to my house and we spend hours playing different games until it was time for her to go. ]

"I better head home."
She kissed my cheek before leaving and I sat there kinda shocked. My dad walks past her and enters the house. He shakes his head and walks right past me.