chess pieces (revised)

Ben p.o.v

I looked at the 2 pieces of paper ahead of me and nodded to myself. 1 was a letter from Gil's father and 1 was the official document of bringing Gil along with some people that Gil's father himself requested.

"Why did he pick these people."

When I requested some people he seemed really dismissive and he kept saying that these people had to be picked. There were only gonna be four people and we both knew one of them was gonna be Gil but the other three were hand-selected from him.

"Daughter of hades and twins of the queen of hearts. Why would he want these people."
I checked the background and they seemed okay but it still seemed weird how he really wanted these exact people. I sighed and let it go for now. I placed the papers on the desk and took a walk into the school garden. I sat near the man-made lake and threw a few rocks letting them skip across the water.

"I think I might have to break up with mal."

I laid on my back and looked up at the sky.

"All relationships are trash."

I tossed my hair in frustration and was getting annoyed with nothing. I looked up at the stars hoping they could give me some kind of guidance.

"Nothing."
I decided to just head to bed and think about it tomorrow.

"Sometimes the king gets annoyed when the pawns move. Sometimes it's the other way."