Chapter 2: Memories

"You need to concentrate, soldier!" The commander boomed, "you aren't focused enough!"

You struggled yet again to block his punch and landed flat on your back from the power of his hit.

"I'm trying my best." You seethed.

"Well right now your best is going to get you killed," he extended a hand down to you, which you grasped to pull yourself up. "(Y/n), your basically defenceless without your abilities', I just want you to be safe." You could hear the sincerity in his voice, deep black thoughts of your childhood wracking through your core.

"Take a break," he ordered, "Shower up and come back tomorrow."

You obeyed stumbling out of the gym to your room, hopping into the warm shower. You seemed to freeze from then on, just relaxing in the warmth, letting it seep into your aching joints and muscles.

The small streams seemed to all converge in different places across your marked flesh. Thick scars adorned every square inch of your skin. Most were small dots, others, long lines. Just the vision of them made a acidic flavour rise up your throat.

You had tried to remove these wretched marks through covering them but the lighter areas of the long tattoos still bore the marks of the mangles flesh beneath them. A tear fell and rolled down your chest to join the streams. What did you do to her to deserve this.

You were awoken from your reminiscent daze by the loud knocking at the door.

"(Y/n)!!!" You'd recognise that voice anywhere. It was Hana. "Come be player 4, we need one more person for Mario kart."

You raised your voice the  stablest you could and replied with a loud "coming" and in just a towel proceeded to open the door a slither to confirm your spot as player 4.
You wondered who else she dragged into this.