11

Hey guysss I hope you enjoy this chapter :)  please don't forget to vote! (Press the lil star)
Jades POV

First step of learning to swallow my pride: Staying at Cats' is comforting. She's like a child, she can be annoying but she's refreshing and makes everything sound simple.
I'm laying on her colourful bed surrounded by an assortment of cushions and soft toys.
"What even is this?" I say, picking up what looks like a demon catarpillar toy with disgust
"It's Henry! He likes you"
I place "Henry" down next to me and carry on staring up at the ceiling while Cat hums  softly.

"Do you love Beck?" she asks suddenly, breaking me from my thoughts. It's unusual for her to ask a question like.... that.
"Well, when I haven't pissed him off he makes me good coffee so, yes" I say, not wanting to open up any further.
"So then why won't you talk to him?" She says naïvely.
"Because he doesn't love..." I stop. I know he loves me. I know he doesn't love Tori.

"Because he's too good for me" I say, rolling over so my back is facing her. I hate this feeling, I hate feelings all together.
I hear Cat sigh and hope this conversation ends soon. "That's not true. He loves you because you're you. Even if you are grumpy"

"Thankyou" I say quietly. If I was someone else who had no pride then I would cry and fling my arms around her. But being me, I pull the covers over us and tell her to sleep well. I hope she knows how much I truly appreciate her.

A few days later..
Beck's POV

There's a party on tonight and Andre said we should go. He's probably right, I haven't done anything worth talking about since Jade. I know she won't be there because it isn't her kind of thing but that doesn't stop that small bit of hope I have left in my heart. Even if she is there, it will be awkward and she'll go as far away from me as I can, but as least I'll know if she's safe.

The party comes round and it's the most typical high school house party ever, loud mainstream music, red cups scattered around everywhere, people making out on sofas and grinding up on each other in the hallway. I recognise almost everyone here as they go to Hollywood Arts as well however there's a few people I don't know. Andre catches sight of someone from his music class and cheerily goes to join him. I get handed a red cup which I would usually refuse but fuck it, what do I have to loose?

Jade's POV

Cats dragged me to this party against my will. She's claiming that Robbie asked her to go with him. Cute
I plan to stay in the backyard for the whole time, I can't stand the loud music and the hot sweaty people dancing around. I'm just hoping no one will approach me.