13

Hiiii I've made a better book cover. Do you like it??

Jades POV

I can't believe Beck.
I managed to keep myself contained all night but now it's the morning and I'm ready to scream at him. How dare he be flirting with other girls.... actually, more than flirting already? It felt like a dagger in my chest when I saw him with that girl. She was leaning into him and he had his hand on her face as if they were about to make out.
Let's just wait until I get to school. I don't know what I'm going to do and at this point I have no control over myself. I've got nothing to loose anyway

I arrive at school late and miss half my first class so I might as well just hide out in the toilets until it's over.
"Jade! Are you okay??!" Cat exclaimes, turning to face me from the bathroom mirror
Shit, after seeing Beck and that girl I completely forgot to tell Cat and Robbie I was leaving
"No" I say, and shut the door of the toilet cubicle. I'm not in the mood for Cat right now and I don't want to scare her like I've done before
"You and Beck are being so silly. Why don't you just get back together??" She asks naïvely. Ugh.
"Because"
"Because what?"
"Stuff you wouldn't understand" I say harshly.
Before it's too late and Cat's sucked me into another deep and complicated question, I unlock the door of the cubicle and walk straight out, heading for my locker. I feel bad for leaving her there but I just know I'll hurt her even more if I stay.

By now it's the end of first period and next is Sikowitzs' lesson. Great. I haven't planned what I'm going to say to Beck but I hope I don't mess up.
"Welcome Jaddeeeee!" Sikowitz exclaims in his deep and slightly slurred voice
"Yeah hi hi whatever" I reply.
As usual, I immediately scan the room for Beck. It's unsettling when I don't know where he is and even more so now when all of this is going on. Tori and Andre are awkwardly staring at me from their seats as if they're trying to read my mood. I give them both a dirty look and quickly turn round to find my seat, only to bump into someone. Could this day, or week get any worse?

"Shit!" I say.
"Sorr-". Their voice hurts.
I look up and "someone" turns into Beck. Shit
We're centimetres apart and my first thought is to shove him back. I'm so angry at him. My adrenaline starts pumping and my breathing starts to quicken. I'm so fucking angry. But when I look in his eyes, he's not angry. He looks sad. Maybe even sorry, or concerned. I can't hurt him.
I manage to step backwards and we draw our eyes away from each other.

The rest of the lesson is unbearable. Beck is only a few metres away from me and I have to push my hair forward so that he isn't in the corner of my eye. I'm concentrating so hard on not concentrating on him that I don't even hear when Cat asks me for paper.

"Sorry I've got to go" I say, interrupting Sikowitz and I walk out, focusing on the door before anyone can say anything or stop me.

Thank god I'm free. There's really no point in me being here now as I have no afternoon lessons so the best option right now is to go get coffee then go home.

Just as I'm walking down the steps from Hollywood Arts, I hear someone call my name.

  "Jade!"

  And I know who it is.

Bade - I Think You Know MeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara