I 4 I

Lumi and Cyrus shared the same feelings as they were very cautious when they turned. At first, Lumi thought it was just the shadow but it soon passed, and he realized it was the atmosphere. Cyrus was staring out the window, ignoring Lumi completely. He was still leaning against the window, neither of them saying a word. The only thing you could hear was Cyrus's finger still tapping against the console.

The driver soon got annoyed of the silence and mystery, so he demanded to know where Cyrus was taking them.

Cyrus shrugged, replying, "Its fine. I know where I'm going."

Lumi was less than pleased with the answer but decided not to push it. He begins to get even more anxious and is tempted to turn the car around. He shivers as he sees the ruins of an old house on the side of the road. Someone must've lived there. He gritted his teeth and squeezed the steering wheel harder than he was before. The only thing he wanted to do was turn around, but he kept going, watching the lit-up pavement in front of them. He looked over to the gun, he should probably do it now then he can turn around.

Cyrus sat up straight, leaning a bit back into the seat. Even though he had come down this road millions of times before it still made him uneasy. He frowned as he saw the old ruins, remembering the fire that had killed a family of three. He turned back to look out the windshield, trying to avoid looking at the house. He stopped tapping his finger and now he was only twiddling his thumbs, all his adrenaline gone. He sighed and looked to the other man, knowing he felt the same. He turned back to the windshield before casting a glance at the gun.

Both stayed where they were, looking around outside. Cyrus noticed Lumi continuously look at the gun and felt queasy. Some part of him always knew that it wasn't for safety. It just mattered which one did it first. Cyrus stared outside, watching the withered grass fly by as the car drove down the road. The moon gave its light off and made a path which would be called beautiful if it weren't in these circumstances. The pavement held on to the light, showing tiny stones that looked to have a white fire inside of them. The stars were hidden by the clouds, although from time to time some would peek out. Lumi seemed to notice too as he stared up at the sky instead of watching the road. It was moments like these that made you forget who you are and demanded you to notice its beauty.

They both were still rigid, Cyrus and Lumi continuously throwing glances at each other. They weren't only wary of their surroundings, it was the stranger that was with them that made it difficult. Lumi began to sweat while Cyrus stayed twiddling his thumbs. They both cast a glance down at the gun and decided it was time.

They both reached down towards the console and to the gun. They froze in shock as their hands brushed, inches above the gun. Slowly they turned to look at each other, Lumi forgetting about steering. The car slowed, and Cyrus guessed Lumi took his foot off the gas pedal, but he ignored it. They both continued staring at the other not knowing what to say. Cyrus was the first to break out of the trance and lean back into his seat, retracting his hand. Lumi continued staring wide eyed until he finally pulled back and turned to the steering wheel, leaving the gun. Cyrus crossed his arms as Lumi stayed with widen eyes as he made the car continue down the road.