I 8 I

Cyrus only frowned as he didn't say anything, not bothering to make a comeback. Lumi bit back a laugh as he saw that Cyrus wasn't going to reply. Sure, it was a small win, but at least it was something. They both continued in silence as Lumi reluctantly drove towards his home. His house was a small cottage-like building buried deep in the woods. Cyrus once again leaned against the window as Lumi continued his driving.

Lumi immediately began talking, not wanting to be in silence like the last time they had ridden together, "So, uh, the stars sure look pretty."

Cyrus only chuckled before responding, "The trees are covering up the sky, how would you know?"

"Were we not just outside earlier?"

"No, actually. You were in the car while I was hiding and killing someone."

"I had a pretty good view of the stars, okay?"

"No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"Are we really going to go back and forth like this?"

"Why not?"

"Why?"

"Why not is more fun than why."

Lumi continued following along the dirt road, waiting for Cyrus to reply. He remembered the path to his house by heart, but he found himself checking just to be sure. The trees passed by in a blur as the car moved along, never slowing.

After a few minutes without an answer Lumi finally spoke up, "Are you really just not going to answer me?"

"Yeah."

"Seriously? I try to start a decent conversation with you and all I get is 'yeah' and some weird reasons as to why I wouldn't know something!"

"So... you want me to apologize?"

"I just want you to talk. Can you not just say a few words, so we can keep this conversation going?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Okay, so who did you kill? Was it someone who had money or was it for fun?"

"A few words."

"You've got to be kidding me!"