I 6 I

Lumi's breathing quickened as he continued driving, doubting that Cyrus had to go anywhere. He had hoped he would just make a quick stop so that Lumi could drive away. He quickly ran his hand through his hair, his other hand with white knuckles from holding onto the steering wheel so tightly. The blonde-haired man casted a quick glance over at Cyrus seeing that he was leaning against the window, glaring out the windshield. His eyes were slightly narrowed and Lumi had easily summed up that he was irritated or even angry. He had tried to avoid looking at him, not wanting to make eye contact.

Cyrus continued to glare out the windshield, desperately trying to remember a place where he could leave. He felt as though he was drowning in the silence between the two of them. The only reason he didn't reply was because he was deeply thinking, not wanting to break the train of thought. His shoulder was slightly aching as he leaned against the window, his head tilted so that his temple was touching the cold glass. He suppressed all the thoughts of letting Lumi come to his run-down house. He had finally remembered a party that was going on tonight, apparently some person in power had thrown a party and invited every person in the town.

Finally deciding to go, he turned to Lumi and tried to look impassive, "Hey, there's a party I need to make an appearance at. I'll tell you where to turn, but I need you to wait in the parking lot."

Lumi was a bit surprised that he had somewhere to go but he wanted to leave and not wait to pick him up, "I'll drop you off. I'm not staying."

"Yes, you are."

"Why do you think I will?"

"Because I'm taking your car keys."

Lumi turned to glare at him, Cyrus meeting his gaze while smirking in triumph. Lumi rolled his eyes and looked back through the windshield, hoping that he could keep his keys. He didn't want to stay longer than he had to, so he was going to take his keys and keep them in his pocket. After a few more turns, Lumi rolled to a stop in front of a big house, plants draped across the walls and ceiling as decorations. There were shoji screens that separated the party from the living area, although Lumi could catch glimpses of shadows of people talking in the actual house. While Lumi was looking around with his jaw dropped, Cyrus reached over and grabbed the keys.

"Hey!" Lumi shouted, finally noticing what Cyrus did.

"I told you I would."

"That doesn't make it right!"

"So?"

Lumi opened his mouth to give a comeback but Cyrus had already gone inside, leaving Lumi in the car with nothing to do. Who knew how long he was going to be at the party. Lumi rolled back his shoulders and leaned against the car seat, impatiently waiting for Cyrus to get back into the car so he could leave. After a few minutes he looked over at the party although he couldn't see Cyrus in the mass of people talking and laughing.