Chapter 7

I quickly noticed the three girls walking in the airport as they started running to Marshall. He held them for a couple of minutes before they seperated and I waved to them.
"Hi Rihanna! We're so excited to spend the week with you.
- I'm excited too! Call me Robyn.
- Alright."
Whitney smiled at me as we all walked to the car. Me and Marshall got into the first row of seats and the girls into the third as my driver started the car. We were half of the drive, Marshall held my hand as he gave me a wink.
"Wow guys, what's going on between you two? Alaina asked as she got her earphones off of her ears
- Huh... oh... well... Eminem winked at me to tell me that it was the right time to tell them about the wedding and all.
- Come on, tell us!
- Alright. It's been a couple of mounths we're dating and Me and your father got engaged.
- Ew hell no! That's fucking disgusting!! yelled Hailie as she gave us a disgusted look
- Hailie! Don't say things like that, they're cute together. Whitney answered as she punched Hailie in the arm
- It's far from cute! Come on dad. You're 15 years older!
- Age isn't everything in a relationship. Robyn told her so she would stay calm
- It is! Ew, it means you gonna be my stepmom? That's weird.
- Hailie, please show some respect to Robyn, she's trying to be nice.
- Well, I don't want to."
Hailie said as she put her earphones back on. On the other sideW hitney and Aliana showed us their excitment. Even if they seemed enjoyed, I was still nervous, the fact that one of his daughters didn't approve our relationship was my worst nightmare. A sigh left my mouth as the driver parked into the huge house's driveway and we all left it to get inside the house.
"Girls, follow me."
I walked up the stairs with the three girls behind me and opened the first door on the right, it was a small Disney themed bedroom I made a couple of years ago for my goddaughter. There was going to sleep Whitney, the eleven years old little girl's eyes shone bright as she plopped in the bed and I left her in the room.
"Here's yours, Alaina." I opened a door to a huge bedroom painted in blue with white furniture. Next to it was Hailie's room, I opened the door to the girl as she gave me a cold stare and walked past me inside the room. After I left the girls in their bedrooms so they could start unpack, I joined my mother into the kitchen. A couple of minutes later, I noticed the three girls walking down the stairs with smiles on their faces, only Hailie seemed to be upset. As they reached down the stairs Alaina and Whitney walked over to my mother and gave her a tight hug. Hailie walked past her and sat down next to the kitchen's counter, still looking down at her phone.
"Hailie! I heard Marshall yell behind me as he walked closer to her
- What?!
- Can you please say hi to everybody?
- I don't even like her! Why would I like her family?
- Hailie!!
- Leave me alone! I don't wanna see you and your stupid hoe right now! Marshall kept staring at her in shock as she quickly got up and ran up the stairs
- I'm so sorry for it. He said while turning to my mom
- Don't worry, it's nothing."
I could see in my mother's eyes that she was angry and annoyed, she never liked when people curse and yell. A smile still appeared on her face to comfort Marshall but it was all fake. I helped my mother to get the dinner done and as I layed down the table, Marshall calle dthe girls before they bursted into the diningroom. Hailie glanced around the table and choose to seat at the opposite of me as she gave me an evil look. I planned to announce the news of my pregnancy before the dinner starts but my mother grabbed my wrist and led me to the kitchen. Her face was full of confusion, she was concerned about me.
"I don't think you should get married to Marshall. She calmly told me as I gave her a confused look
- Mom! What?
- He seems to be a great guy but we never know. He has a past of being abusive towards his wives. He used to do drugs and I know some of his songs. It's just so violent and gross! I don't want this for my daughter... He already has three beautiful daughters! Do you really think he will be ready to have a future with you?
- I understand you... But mother, everybody makes mistakes.
- Robyn, I just don't want you to get stuck with his fourth child. Do you think he would take care of it? Look at his daughter! She clearly had a bad education! You're life is going to be messed up, he's going to get you in troubles!
- Mom... Thank you for telling me that my life is fucked up but you're not helping.
- Oh! You know it's not what I was trying to say! You still have the choice.
- No I don't have the choice...
- Wait... I don't understand."
I kept my mouth shut as I joined the table, I wanted to burst into tears so bad. My mother sat down around the table as she kept giving me looks. After the quick prayer my uncle said, Marshall got up from his seat as I stood next to him, hand-in-hand.
"Me and Robyn have great news. Well, we got engaged so fast because in the first place, I love Robyn and I couldn't imagine a day without her. Marshall started as he glanced at me
- But the main reason why we got engaged and you are all reunited here is that... I'm pregnant of 6 mounths. I finished"
An awkward silence set for a couple of seconds before the family started a round of applause followed by a bunch of questions. My mother slowly walked to me as she gave me a hug and playfully rubbed my baby bunp.
"I'm sorry, I didn't know."
I gave her a smile to comfort her and turned to Noella and Alaina who were asking questions to me.
"Have you been to the first ecography? Do you know the gender?"
As I was about to answer, I caught Hailie from the side of my eye, giving me a disgusted look. I was nervous about what I had to tell now.
"We don't know the gender yet but we've been to the first ecography and we're having twins! A nervous laugh left my mouth as Noella and the girls jumped up in happiness
- WHAT?? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TWO BABIES??? ARE YOU CRAYY OR...??
- Calm down Hailie, it's not a big deal. Marshall told her as he glanced at me
- NOT A BIG DEAL??? YOU'RE FUCKING 41!! IT'S ENOUGH FOR ME! YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M GETTING BACK TO DETROIT!"
Hailie walked up the stairs in a hurry as I felt tears rolling down my face. It was enough for me too, I sat down on my seat as I burried my face into my hands. As I looked up and noticed all the concerned stares, I felt humiliated and ran up the stairs to my bedroom. I've never been a crier but my pregnancy and the actual situation was making everything worst. The door knob slowly turned as Marshall's face appeared in the door's frame. I was sitting on the bed as he sat right next to me and held my hands into his.
"I'm so sorry...
- I know, it's not your fault.
- Robyn, I love you more than everything. You are my everything, I can't live without you and I swear that I'm gonna do anything to make Hailie apologize.
- I don't need her apologizes, I just want her to be happy for us. It's her little brothers or sisters after all.
- She will, don't worry."
I rubbed my round stomach as I felt the babies moving. A small smile appeared on Marshall's face. The babies were calm and just giving me small kicks. Marshall kissed my forehead as we both decided to get to bed.