The Class and The Walk

"Are you ready for class?" Severus asked Harry as he wrapped Harry in a black cloak which he most certainly approved of. Harry shrugged. He really still wanted to cuddle with daddy, but he knew that it was no longer an option. 

"Well, I'm bringing some colors and a pad of paper for you to use. You'll also be allowed a stuffie," daddy said as he watched Harry suck nervously on his dummy. Daddy gave him a weak smile and Harry attempted to return it. Severus picked Harry up and carried him out of their little living space into the hallway swarmed with kids. He attempted to avoid running into anyone, which he normally would've been able to do, except with his new charge, he now had a ruined reputation. Harry whimpered and buried his face in his daddy's cloak as someone's bag knocked into Severus and Harry.

"Sorry!" someone called, presumably the person who had bumped into them. Severus scowled and tucked Harry further into his robes.

"It's okay, baby. We'll be there in a second," Daddy whispered assuredly. Harry nodded and gave a little sniffle. Severus approached the door to his classroom. He entered and approached his desk. A couple of desks were already filled with kids, but the room was mostly empty. Daddy sat Harry down in a highchair next to his desk. He set a bottle, a pad of paper, some colors, and a stuffie on the tray and absentmindedly ruffled Harry's hair. He then set to work on grading papers. He rolled his eyes at some of the answers. It was almost as if people were not paying attention in his class! He glanced over at Harry who was concentrating very hard on coloring a picture. Severus smiled. How lucky he was to have someone like Harry. He went back to grading.

Harry scribbled furiously on his piece of paper. He must've pressed too hard, for the crayon broke in two. Harry watched as the second piece flew across the room. Harry glanced nervously at daddy, but daddy didn't seem to have noticed. Harry shrugged and selected a green crayon and drew a circle. Harry smiled proudly at how round and even the circle was. Harry looked up at daddy, hoping to perhaps show him and earn some of daddy's praise as well. Harry looked down sheepishly, it was probably better not to disturb daddy. Besides, if he was good they would go for a walk!

Harry continued to draw while the rest of the class filed in. Harry pretended not to notice them as daddy stood up and pointed out instructions on the board. Daddy answered a few questions before sending the kids to work and settling himself back down. Harry smiled at the picture, it was beautiful. Harry nervously tugged on daddy's robe. Daddy turned to Harry and raised his eyebrows. Harry shyly held up the picture. Daddy took it into his hands as if it were a piece of china he was holding. Daddy smiled.

"It's wonderful," Daddy said. The picture showed Harry and Severus together, hugging. They were sitting on Harry's playmat with all of his toys and things scattered around them. Harry smiled and nodded his thank you. Severus pocketed the picture for safe-keeping.

"I'll hang it on the fridge," Daddy said. Harry's eyes widened. Daddy had never hung anything of Harry's before on the fridge! Harry was so excited, daddy must've really loved the picture!!!!

"Tank you, Daddy," was all Harry said, despite the other wonderful feelings he was having.

"You're welcome, baby," Daddy said quietly as he continued to grade. Harry smiled, feeling very relaxed. And before long he had a messy nappy. Harry felt embarrassed. He wanted to say something to daddy, but he didn't want to in front of all these people! Harry eyed the classroom. He noticed that none of the kids were paying him any of attention. Harry sighed with relief and once again tugged on daddy's robes.

"Daddy?" Harry asked quietly. Daddy looked down at him.

"Yes, Harry?" Daddy asked.

"I wet my nappy," Harry whispered. He was close to tears. But he felt very brave, only little brave boys admitted to those kinds of things. Daddy nodded and pulled out the diaper bag. He pulled out a nappy and some baby wipes. He led Harry over to the wall where a changing table appeared. Harry glanced quickly at daddy. Did daddy really expect him to be changed in front of all these people? Harry felt himself being picked up and placed on the table. Harry started to struggle. He changed his mind, he wasn't brave! He wanted down! Daddy held Harry's tummy as he managed to get Harry's nappy down. He then pulled out a wipe and quickly and efficiently cleaned Harry. He then pulled the messy nappy out from under Harry and slid a new one under, taping it around Harry's waist. Harry suddenly felt embarrassed for wearing a nappy. He had felt embarrassed before, but not like this. He didn't know why. 

Daddy set Harry back on the floor and the changing table disappeared. The bell rang for the end of class. Harry sighed with relief.

"We go on walk?" Harry asked. Daddy nodded. The kids left the classroom leaving Severus and Harry alone.

"Thank you for letting me change your nappy without creating a fuss, Harry," Daddy said softly as he pulled Harry close. He picked him up and proceeded to pat his bum. Harry sighed happily and leaned into daddy, glad for the closeness. Severus conjured up a stroller and buckled Harry safely into it. Daddy then pushed Harry around the school, explaining the history of certain parts and even telling the tale of some of the paintings. Some of the paintings even took the liberty of telling their story themselves with lots of funny voices!

Harry yawned. Daddy looked down at his sleepy baby.

"Is someone tired?" Daddy asked. Harry shook his head, but his eyes kept fluttering shut. Severus felt his heart swell for the love of his charge. He pushed Harry back his quarters and tucked Harry into his crib. By that time, Harry was already asleep. Severus smiled, he loved Harry so much!