The Quiet Days

Severus wasn't sure whether to be worried about Harry or not. Ever since the morning before they left for Hagrid's Harry had been extremely quiet. Snape watched Harry from the couch. Harry sat on the floor, his bottom lip protruded, his eyes slightly watery, and his face was flushed. 

"Harry, baby, are you okay?" Daddy asked as he leaned toward Harry. Harry made a small movement with his shoulders that looked to be a shrug. Daddy reached forward and gently lifted Harry into the air. Harry whimpered. Daddy brought Harry closer and had the sudden instinct to feel Harry's forehead. He brought his hand up to it. He didn't know how he hadn't noticed how hot Harry's forehead was. 

"Perhaps we should see Madame Pomfrey," Daddy muttered. He clutched Harry close as he searched for a baby carrier. Once he had gotten his hands on one he carefully buckled Harry in and hurried as fast as he could without jostling Harry too much. Severus walked as fast as he could without running as he hurried to the hospital wing. 

"Severus! Whatever is the matter?" Madame Pomfrey asked as Severus entered. Severus walked over to a table and set the carrier down. Madame Pomfrey hustled over to Harry and looked at him before pointing her wand at him. Harry blinked at her before his eyes widened. He began to scream and cry, shaking the carrier back and forth.

"No, no, no. Calm down. It's okay, she's just trying to scan you for what's ailing you," Daddy told Harry gently. Harry continued to breathe heavily, but he stopped screaming and crying. Madame Pomfrey pointed her wand at Harry once more, her wand gave a small flash of light and she walked over to her desk. She came back, her face once again relaxed.

"Well, you have no need to worry, Severus. It is only a twenty-four-hour virus. It should be gone by tomorrow. Do let me know if he shows any negative changes, such as if he struggles to breathe," Madame Pomfrey explained. Severus nodded, sighing with relief. He had been worried that Harry had some deadly disease. He thanked Madame Pomfrey and picked up the carrier. He walked back to their little home and decided to put Harry down for a nap. He laid Harry in the crib and covered him with a blanket. Harry waved goodbye to daddy and closed his eyes, hoping to escape the uncomfortable feeling that was enveloping his body.