Playing With Ron

Harry sat on the floor of the Weasley's living room, his toys scattered all over. A familiar redheaded boy entered the room. Harry grinned and ran over to him excitedly.

"Hiya, Ron!" Harry exclaimed. He had missed Ron so much! Ron had come home from Hogwarts to help out with Molly in their cottage while Arthur was at work. Ron came over to Harry and awkwardly sat on the ground.

"What do you want to play?" he asked stiffly. Harry stared at him. Did Ron not love him anymore? Ron picked up one of his toys and bounced it up and down on the ground, an extremely bored look on his face. Harry felt tears sting his eyes. He shook his head. 

"Dat's not how you do it!" Harry screeched. Ron looked at him strangely.

"Excuse me?" he asked one of his eyebrows raised. 

"You're supposed to have fun!" Harry retorted. Ron rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I can't have fun when my best mate is a toddler. I haven't played with toys since I was five. But it's different now," Ron said. Harry glared at him. He didn't understand.

"What do you mean?" Harry asked.

"I mean that you're just a baby. How can I be a friend with a baby? I can play with you and stuff, but we can't be friends, that's just weird!" Ron exclaimed. Harry gasped. He couldn't believe the gall of some people!

"You can too be Harry's friend!" Harry shouted, his face turning red. Ron sighed and shook his head.

"See, you can't seven talk normal. Someone my age would say, 'you can too be my friend'. They wouldn't refer to themselves in the third person," Ron explained.

"But Ha, I mean, I can't be a big boy 'gain. 'M stuck," Harry said sadly. He shifted. He had wet his nappy at some point and he needed a change. But he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of Ron anymore than he already had. He decided to ignore it.

"No, I can't do this. Bye, Harry," and with that Ron got up and left the room. Harry stayed put, but he was beginning to hyperventilate. Ron didn't love him anymore. He was all alone. Who would play with him? He wanted daddy! Harry carefully got to his feet, took in one big breath, and raced to the front door. He could barely reach the handle. He managed to get the door open and ran outside. He was going to find daddy if it was the last things he did!

Harry ran into the nearby wooded area and found a good hiding place. He needed to figure out how to get back to Hogwarts. Maybe he could apparate? Harry stood up and attempted to apparate but found himself unable. He felt tears slip down his face, he just wanted to go home! He started to sob, when would he be reunited with daddy? And then it hit him. He could borrow one of the Weasley's brooms and fly back to Hogwarts! Harry got up and hurried over to the Weasley's broom shed. He grabbed one of the brooms and mounted it. The feeling was amazing. He carefully got himself into the air and took off just as he heard Mrs. Weasley start to panic. 

"I's coming, daddy!" Harry yelled into the wind. Suddenly he felt himself start to slide off the broom. The brooms weren't meant for such little boys, perhaps he should just stop. No, he had to keep going. He needed to reach his daddy. He carefully readjusted himself on the broom and kept flying. Harry suddenly felt the broom give a large jolt which almost threw him off the broom. Harry stared down at the broom, hoping it wouldn't do that again when it gave another large jolt. He screamed as he was thrown off the broom. He was only able to grab onto the broom at the last second so that he was dangling over the ground several feet in the air. One of his hands slipped. He was going to fall. He tried to grab the broom again with his other hand but the broom gave another jolt. He let go. Harry stared towards the ground below him as it came closer and closer and even closer...