Baking in Da Kitchen

Harry woke up from his nap and yawned. Daddy was bustling around the room from one part to the next. Daddy turned and saw that Harry was awake.

"Harry, would you like to come with me to bake in the kitchens?" Severus asked. Minerva had recommended it, saying that it would be a good way to bond with his son. Apparently, kids loved baking and licking things(the most important part of baking). Harry yawned again and nodded. He had tons of experience in the kitchen from baking and cooking for the Dursley's. Harry was a little sad though because he would go to the kitchens but wouldn't able to see his friend, Dobby. Harry sniffled. Daddy looked at him, confused.

"What's wrong?" Daddy asked. Harry shook his head, it was nothing. Daddy shrugged and grabbed the bag full of Harry's nappy's, toys, baby wipes, and other things. He grabbed the stroller and picked Harry up and set him in it.

"Which toy do you want to carry with you?" Daddy asked. Harry pointed to his stuffed lion. Daddy picked it up and handed it to him. Harry took it and cuddled with it, still feeling very sleepy. Daddy waited to make sure that there were no kids in the hallway(as it was still quite humiliating for him, a brooding teacher, to be seen pushing his child down the hallway in a stroller). When the coast was seemingly clear, Daddy began on his way. 

"Sing, Daddy," Harry begged. Daddy looked surprised. Harry hadn't even asked him to sing to him before. Daddy checked to make sure the coast was clear before quietly singing a simple melody from a nursery rhyme. A group of girls was walking in the hallway towards them, each giggling and occasionally waving at Harry who bashfully waved back, a tinge of pink on his cheeks. 

"Louder, Daddy," Harry ordered. He felt very smart as to embarrass daddy this way. This time it was Severus who turned pink as he raised his voice a bit as he sang. Harry giggled as he was very pleased with himself. The girls each snorted as they passed him. 

"Oh, Harry, you are so lucky I love you," Daddy said through gritted teeth. Harry squealed delightedly. Once they got to the kitchens, Daddy helped Harry out of the stroller and set him on his hip. They entered and were immediatley greeted by a large number of house-elves bustling around the kitchen. 

"K'eacher!" Harry exclaimed as he saw the older elf who had helped them in the war. The old elf looked up in surprise.

"The Harry boy is an infant now?" the elf muttered to himself before continuing on with his work. Harry giggled. Kreacher was so silly!

"Alright, Harry, how about we make some treacle tart since it's your favorite?" Daddy asked. Harry nodded excitedly, he did love treacle tart! Daddy asked some nearby elves for some ingredients and began to make the crust using flour, butter, water, and salt. Harry enjoyed mixing the dough but it got his fingers covered in the stuff. Daddy picked the ball of dough up with his wand and zoomed it over to the fridge. They then began heating up the syrup in a saucepan. Harry sat on the counter for this part as Daddy wanted to make sure that he wasn't burned. He removed it from the heat and had Harry help him add in more butter, salt, bread crumbs, cream, egg, and zest. They set it aside and heated up the oven. Daddy grabbed the dough from the fridge and let Harry help roll it out.

"Daddy, look, I'm turning white!" Harry giggled as he held up his hands which were covered in flour which they had used to make sure the dough didn't stick to anything. They set it in a nine-inch pan and set it in the fridge again. (Daddy said he would use his wand to make sure it was all the way chilled even if it wasn't in the fridge the entire time.) When it was done, daddy took it out and put a piece of parchment paper in the bottom and filled it with dried beans. He then set it in the oven for about twenty minutes. He took it out and removed the paper and beans and baked it for another ten minutes until it was a lovely golden color. Harry helped pour the filling into the crust and then they baked it again for half an hour. 

"What do we do while we wait?" Daddy asked. Harry shrugged.

"Ooh, I know, how about we play tickle the baby?" Daddy asked as he began to mercilessly tickle Harry. Harry shrieked and giggled as he tried to avoid Daddy's hands, but Daddy was just too strong. Harry laughed and laughed, his insides ached. 

"Daddy, stop! My tummy huts!" Harry laughed as he grabbed his stomach.

"I'm sorry," Daddy said even though he didn't sound very sorry. Once the tart was done, Daddy pulled it out of the oven and set it down. He used a spell to cool it down. He then cut out a piece for him and Harry. Harry tasted it. It was absolutely delicious.

"Yummy," Harry mumbled. Daddy smiled and used a wipe to clean Harry's face which was smeared with the tart filling. Harry giggled. He loved baking at Hogwarts, it was so much better than baking for the Dursley's!