Chapter 21

"I have to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back Jaxass."
I nodded at Emmy.
I was talking with Landon and Nathan that I didn't realize how long she had been gone.
"Damn, she's been gone for half an hour."
Nathan glanced at his phone, "yea its already eleven."
"Shit, I have to have her back by eleven."
"We'll help you look for her," Landon promised and Nathan nodded.
We searched all through the house and still couldn't find her, "what if she left?" Landon asked, sounding worried.
"She's drunk," my voice broke.
All we found were people exchanging saliva and 'doing it' in the guest bedrooms, we all just laughed when they flicked us off.
I grabbed the microphone from a DJ, "if any of you know where Emmy went and don't feel like informing me," I smirked, "I will smash your damn face in."
Everyone here knew what I was capable of they either saw me do it to Nate or destroy one of the strongest gangs in DC by myself; the challengers were once the strongest gangs in DC until I put them in their damn places and now they don't mess with me anymore.

"What the fucking hell?!" I yelled at a lady I would know anywhere.
She looked surprised, "oh, hey Jax?"
"Get the fuck off him! Dammit!"
Landon and Nathan stood next to me, guarded as hell.
Their jaws were tense and ready to lunge in any damn moment.
"Honey, calm down?"
"Calm down?! Hell you told dad you wanted another kid and then you have it with Trevor's damn dad!"
Trevor's dad coughed impatiently, "watch yourself kid!"
My brown eyes darkened to a shade of dark brown almost black, "don't call me a damn kid when you're the one fooling around with a 'married woman'!!"
"I'm not married honey," she tried to explain.
"You were two days ago! And two years ago when you were fooling around and 'accidently' had Juilet!"
"Please don't tell your father?"
"Don't tell him?! You lied to him for two damn years! You think I'm just gonna keep it from the only family I know? Fuck no!"
Nathan clenched a fist, "I know you're not supposed to hit a girl but hell I will knock you out!"
My mother's eyes widened, "you realize that's illegal?"
"No shit who did you learn that from? Your bitch?!" I yelled.
Pretty soon the rest of the gang joined my side with tensed jaws; even Xavier's gang joined my side too.
Cole crossed his arms, "you really want to challenge us when we're trained fighters?"
Courtney was silent, "fine, I'll leave, I don't need this."
I smirked, "good instinct, Courtney," I could tell her heart broke when I called her by her real name but I didn't regret it one bit.
Then we left to finally finish finding Emmy.
We all walked in a line and no one dared to look us in the eye; it felt like the day after Jace died in the military and all my friends knew but no one else would talk to me, to be honest I didn't really want to talk to them. I was really close to Jace, we did everything together and when he died I lost a part of myself that day too. He was 21; he died two years ago when I was 17. Jace never really fought but when he did you better back the hell up, I saw a lot of him in me because I was always defensive and protective when it came to something I cared about.

I saw Emmy's crouching firgue with her arms around her legs and my heart broke, but then I saw Trevor trying to console and I got extremely jealous. Yes maybe I am pretty damn possessive but only when I care a lot about someone and fuck I loved her.
I swang open the door, "care to explain Trevor?"
Emmy bear ran to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.
"What's wrong?!"
"I thought you left me!"
I looked down at her and kissed her head, "no of course not Emmy bear, I will never leave you."
"That's what Xavier said to Jaqueyln," she muttered but I still heard it.
I cupped her face, "what are you talking about?"
"He cheated on my sister with MacKenzie!"
Suddenly I wish there wasn't a thing called cops because he somehow hurt her again.
"Fuck..."
Trevor piped up, "hey bro?"
"Hey, bitch?"
He rolled his eyes, "I guess I deserved that."
All the guys' eyes were fixed on Trevor and their death glares could kill someone faster than a rifle.
"You're damn right," I growled.
Emmy grinned, "Trevor isn't that bad."
I felt a ping of jealousy but it got pushed to the back of my mind because Emmy reached up and kissed my lips.
I smirked, "am I better tho?"
She rolled her eyes, "Jaxass."
I know anybody else would hate that nickname but I loved it because it came from her.
I felt my walls coming down with each passing day with her and it scared me because what if it happens like last time?
I know that she isn't like that and she reminds everyday but deep down I still feel that feeling that I might get hurt again.
I could feel Colton glaring bullets at me but I ignored it because he didn't imidate.
"So I should get you home Emmy bear before your dad kills me."
She nodded, "yea I don't want you to die."
I wrapped my hand around hers and walked to my black Ferrari.
She let go of my hand when I opened her door and I suddenly missed it. Damn I was falling hard for this girl.
"Thanks for the party even though I feel really bad for leaving you," she whispered.
"Anytime and its fine."
I really wanted to tell her about the thing with my mom but I just wanted to enjoy this moment with her.
She looked out the window at the sky full of stars with a shining full moon.
"You're beautiful you know that Emmy bear?"
She giggled shyly, "no I'm not."
"Yes you are."
She bit her lip and it killed me, does she know the effect she has on me?
"I'll see you tomorrow Jaxass."
I chuckled, "see ya Emmy bear."

I threw my leather jacket on my dresser and flopped on my bed; grabbing my phone out of my pocket.
Good night, Emmy bear. 😴
Emmy bear: night💓
____________________________________________
Trevor's dad and Jax's mom? Jax losing his guard with Emmy? Emmy being shy around Jax?
M & M😏😜