Bonus chapter 2

He finally regained composure, "what? You're pregnant?!"
I slowly nodded, "yes Jax, I am."
Then he smiled and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding, "I'm gonna be a daddy?"
I nodded, "yes," he picked me up and kissed my lips softly, "I love you."
I messed up his hair playfully, "I love you too."
"Lets go check up on Nathan," Jax interwined our fingers and walked me back to the room where Nathan was.
After a while, I fell asleep on Jax's lap waiting for the results of Nathan's health.
***
I woke up because of Jax shaking beneath me, "baby are you alright?" I asked sleepily.
He looked up at with sorrow in his chocolate brown eyes, "he's dead Emmy Bear, the heart monitor stopped when you were asleep," my heart broke at the sight of my husband's red eyes.
"Baby," I wrapped my arms around him, "everything will be okay."
I was more trying to convince myself than Jax. After about a week, he's back to being his normal guarded self that doesn't show his emotions to anyone but me. Where as I break down every time I think about what broke me in the first place.
"He was one of my best friends. I knew Nathan since I was six, he knows my real father! I just don't know if I'm going to be okay..."
He was definitely cop material, he's willing to put his life on the line with just one word. It took me a while to agree to let him go to the academy because I wanted him to come to college with me but I knew it was his dream to be a cop and I couldn't stop him.
"Jax..." I started.
"Emmy Bear, there are very few people my heart would literally crash down if they died. If you died...." I cut him off, "don't think like that. We're having a baby and I really don't want that thought to cross your mind."
"I can't help it! You're my other half and every day I think what I would do if you died!" My parents and Tyler were looking at us now.
"Honey are you okay?" My mom questioned.
I ignored my mom's question and placed my hand on his face, "hey, nothing is going to happen to me."
"You don't know that. Nathan didn't and now he's dead for Christ's sake!"
I get that he's getting defensive, he assumes its his job to protect me and its really sweet but that thought shouldn't cross his mind every day.
"Do you trust me?"
"More than anything," he answered without hesitation.
"Then drop the subject, I don't care if you are a cop I will make you weak and vulnerable," as I said those words he visually gulped and I smirked.
Tyler knelt down next to us, "I don't think we want a free show right now, personally I like to get charged for a show," he warned.
"That can be arranged," Jax winked and I reddened.
My father shook his head, "the rest of us are not in the mood."
I knew Jax wasn't either, he just wanted a distraction to get over the reality that Nathan is dead.
Jax had bags under his eyes and it looked like he hadn't slept for days.
"Jax you need sleep," I pressed.
"I'm not tired."
I sighed, "yes you are Jax, you need sleep."
He laid his head on my shoulder, "I'll take a nap if you take one with me."
I was about to object when I could feel my eyelids slowly flutter shut, "no I don't want to sleep...." I replied before I fell asleep.
***
Jax
"I can't believe I didn't know that your wife is pregnant!" Tyler screamed.
"Ty, calm down I figured it out today!"
"You don't tell me anything lately Jax! I heard that you were married from the Chief!"
"I was gonna tell you-"
"When? On my way to my fucking grave!"
I clenched my fists, "don't cuss at me right now Tyler! My best friend just died!"
"Oh I'm sorry, why don't you just knock up your girl again and everything will be better!"
"Can you just shut up Tyler?!"
"How about you keep your pants on until she's out of law school?!"
I swang my fist up and decked Tyler in the nose.
His eyes narrowed, "dude! Did you just punch me?!"
I tried to force myself to calm down by pushing my emotions below the surface but it wasn't working.
"Tyler I'm-"
"Save it! Face it you've always been jealous of me. You're a rookie Jax and I'm more experienced. You just couldn't stand it so you punched me!"
I rolled my eyes, "I'm not jealous of you."
"As if!"
I chuckled, "I believe its the other way around and you're jealous of me."
He scoffed, "how so?"
"The chief adores me and already told me I will be chief one day. I have met the love of my life but you flirt with every girl you meet because you don't have anyone at 25! Every girl we meet in a case hits on me and you always scoff because you're freaking jealous but I just stand there because I don't care. If you hate me that much, make it better on your self and end it," I took my gun out of my holster and gave it to him.
Tyler's eyes widened and he visually gulped, "dude...."
"I thought you wanted it better on your self?"
Tyler shakily pointed the gun at me and I didn't even flinch.
First of all I've been in these situations before and also I knew how scared he looked that he really wouldn't shoot me.
"Please don't!" Begged Emmy as she walked in and there was a gun pointed at me.
"Emmy Bear-" I started when she tried to run to me.
She ignored me and wrapped her arms around my waist; sobbing softly.
Tyler handed the gun back to me, "I can't do it."
I placed my gun back in my holster and met Emmy's captivating brown eyes.
Once Tyler left the room, Emmy glared at me, "you let him shoot you?!"
"I knew he wasn't gonna do it."
"What if he did? Huh? What if he shot you? You have a baby on the way, I can't afford to loose you!"
I rubbed the back of my neck nervously, "baby..."
"I get that you're a trained shooter when you have a gun but you didn't! You were defenseless!"
"Look I'm still here so why are you mad?!"
My voice was rising and I hated it. I hated yelling at her.
"Just like you told me, you could've died!"
_________________________________________
So do you want a chapter of the baby coming or of Emmy at law school or both!?
Any suggestions for Love and Justice? I'll post the first chapter of it today! If we get 100 reads in the first week then I'll read whichever book you choose just comment it on Love and Justice and I'll promise to vote and read!