Chapter 31

"What if she doesn't make it? What if she's dead?"
My eyes fluttered open as I heard my father's voice.
My mom sobbed softly in my father's shoulder, "s-she can't be d-dead!"
Did they really have no hope or faith left? Did they really think I was dead?
I looked over at Jax who was oblivious to me being awake, with his head in his hands cursing profanties left and right.
They really thought I was dead.
I admit it has been five days but the heart-rate monitor was still on!
Should I make my presence known or just wait until they firgue it out?
After pondering this for about a minute, I decided to make my presence known.
I scooted over to the other bed where Jax, Landon and Nathan were sitting and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"I will gladly put you in a head lock if you touch me again, God may deny it but I still say I have a girlfriend," Jax threatened and I grinned. Even when he thought I was dead he was still loyal.
"Baby, its me," I whispered in my ear.
He froze and quickly sat me on his lap, "you're alive?!"
I nodded, "yea."
Landon and Nathan immediately perked up; side hugging me gently.
"Thank God!" My mom exclaimed and hugged me.
My father picked me up off Jax's lap and placed me on his own, "I thought I lost you sweetie!"
"Well don't worry I'm here."
He gave a sigh in relief, "the other good news is that the nurse said you can come home today."
I smiled, "I've been wanting to get back home ever since MacKenzie tortured me for two days straight, especially since I know both Jax and I are both alright."
"Hey can I have my girlfriend back now?" Jax pouted and I laughed.
I wrapped my arms around his neck, "I'm hungry baby, can we go downstairs and eat?"
He nodded, "yea go get dressed. Landon and Nathan, you can come too."

I walked out of the shower and stared at myself in the mirror. My brown was soaked and my eyes refreshed from sleeping for so long.
I pulled on a white sweater that ended at my waist with some black leggings and some converse shoes that my dad brought for me.
I sighed and prayed that everything will be okay now.
***
I really didn't want to walk down the stairs so I just rode on Jax.
"I'm starving come on!" I whined for the tenth time.
He gritted his teeth, "Emmy bear, its really hard to go any faster when you're digging you're nails into my back."
"I'm scared I'll fall off," I defended myself.
Nathan laughed, "Em he'll rather go through hell and back then see you in pain again."
A smirk crossed Landon's lips, "well almost never again."
I tilted my head and Jax punched him in the arm.
"What? Its true!"
He just growled lowly at him.
***
"I don't understand what kind of food this is!"
The rest of us laughed at Landon.
"Its lasagna," I pointed out.
"Well it looks digusting."
"Its hospital food dude, what do you expect?" Nathan sneered.
"Something edible preferably," he muttered.
"Sorry man, tomorrow we'll get you all the edible food you want."
"Tomorrow we have school!" He blurted out.
"You had school today too," Nathan inputed.
"So? I only had a few classes and tomorrow I have seven."
"Oh get a damn grip," Jax rolled his eyes.
Landon curses under his breath and reluctantly eats his lasagna.
"Hey Jaxabell?"
We all looked up and saw a girl with long black hair and blue eyes.
"Who are you?" I asked, jealousy flowing through me.
"I'm Zoey."
Jax sighed, "Zoey, I don't want to talk to you right now."
"Why? I want to meet your friends," her gaze shifted to me, "and your special friend."
Nathan cut in, his words dripping with sarcasm, "oh sure Zoe. You can absolutely talk to the only girl Jax cares about and ruin his life once again but no hurt feelings, right?"
"Nathan I think Jax can speak for himself."
"I don't want to speak to you right now, maybe in ten years?"
"Look Jaxabell, I'm sorry but I didn't come to try to work things out because I know-" she started but he cut her off, "Sorry doesn't cut it Zoey. And don't call me Jaxabell."
"But Jaxabell-"
He overturned the table in anger and stood over her, "don't call me Jaxabell! Got it? I will make your life a living hell like you did mine and I won't regret it just like you didn't!"
I stood up, placing my hands on your chest, "Jaxass, please calm down. She's clearly not worth a single more minute of your time so lets go."
"Excuse me? I am worth something, worth more than you are to ninety percent of the people out there!"
Before I could reply, Landon beat me to it, "well the whole world doesn't mean anything to you, does it? Jax does. So I suggest if you want to leave here with all of your limbs still enact then kindly leave."
"You can't tell me what to do bitch," she snapped at him.
Jax laughed dryly, "even your insults are still weak. Get out of my sight before I see how far my fist can go into your face!"
"You used to love me Jaxabell, what happened?"
I hated when she said love in the same sentence as whatever the heck she called him. It killed me that he used to love someone else.
"I woke up!" He snapped and he gently pulled me out of there.
***
"Please tell me why you're mad Emmy bear?!" Jax pleaded.
He was taking me home from the hospital because mom and dad left a couple of hours ago.
I stared out with window, "I don't want to talk about it Jax."
Ever since I started calling him Jaxass, I never once called him Jax but I just couldn't shake the jealousy from my mind. I realized that was a long time ago when he loved her but it just hurts to think that he cared about her the same way he cared about me.
He frowned, "Emmy bear, are you alright? Are you mad at me?"
"I don't know," I replied and slammed the car door in his face.
I probably shouldn't be mad at him but I just couldn't help it, she still loved him...
_________________________________________
Chapter 31! Tomorrow is the last day of school and their graduation! Will the drama be over? Will Emmy ever be able to talk to him again? What will Jax do? Do you think he'll just give up or keep fighting for his Emmy bear? Well here's the question, do you know Jax Parker? Until next chapter 💕👋🏻