Chapter 28

"Baby sis?!"
My heart beat quickened, "Jake?!"
He opened my bedroom door and twirled me around, "hey."
I hugged him and snuggled deeper in the crook of his neck, "Jakey."
He chuckled, "what have you been up to?"
"Drama."
He arched an eyebrow and sat me on my bed, "what?"
"Um how about lunch?"
I knew for a fact he wasn't going to let this go but he was gonna stop arguing for now.
"Sure Emily."
I mentally patted myself on the back for distracting him.
I grabbed his hand and dragged him downstairs.
Jaqueyln glared daggers at him, "Jake."
He forced a smile, "Jaqueyln."
"Jaqueyln, we have to go, so bye," before I left I flicked her off.

"Em what was that?" Jake laughed.
"She deserved it Jakey," I held my hands up in surrender.
"She probably did, she's always been a bitch."
I laughed, "you've always been my favorite Jakey."
He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "same Em same."
I felt phone ringing in my pocket and grinned when I saw it was Jax, "hey baby, what's up?"
I heard Jake mutter some profanities under his breath.
"Who the fuck is with you?!"
"Jax, calm down-"
"Hell no! Where are you?!"
"Going to lunch," I muttered.
"I'll be there in a damn moment."
"But-"
He ended the call.
"So, there will be someone else there," I told Jake.
"What do you want to eat?" He snapped harshly.
I gulped, "Jakey-"
He scoffed, "don't call me that right now."
His tone scared me to death.

We showed up at a quiet little restaurant by a river called 'Jeffersons'. How ironic.....
Jax was sitting at a booth with a tense jaw and a cold expression on his face, one I have never seen on him.
I sat down by Jax and played with my fingers, "hey Jax?"
He growled in response.
Jax's expression really scared me, he wouldn't say a word to Jake and wouldn't even look at me.
"So this is Jake," I proclaimed.
He gave him a slight nod but no words escaped his mouth.
The rest of the meal went on pretty well, expect for the occasional glares I was getting from Jax and his lack of words.
Just before he left, Jake pulled me in for a tender hug to which I accepted gratefully, "I love you Em."
I smiled, "I love you too Jakey."
That was apparently when the tiny match caught flame, "fucking bitch," Jax muttered before he stormed off.
My eyes went wide and Jake spoke up, "what's his problem?"
"Oh my gosh! I gotta go, I'm sorry Jake."
He shrugged, "don't worrying got stuff to do anyway."
I sprinted out the door and down the sidewalk to find him.
"Jax!?"
No answer.
"Jax!!"
Silence, you could literally hear a pen drop.
"Please....?" Tears were streaking my face and stinging my eyes.

I finally found him in the dark alley he always went to clear his head.
He was punching a wall repeatedly and his knucles were bleeding but he didn't seem to care.
I wrapped my arms around his torso and snuggled in his shirt, "Jax, please?"
He spoke for the first time since the phone call, "all I could see was red and all I could think about was losing you."
"You're not gonna lose me baby."
He scoffed, "you said that you loved him for Christ's sake! Do you know what those three words do to me when you say them to someone else?!"
"Yes, I know what they do to you because that's exactly what they do to me," tears were streaming down my face and I was violently shaking.
"Then why would you say it? I would never say them when I didn't mean them!"
I looked away, "but I do mean them Jax."
"Then why the hell am I still here?!"
His words broke my heart, "because I love you!"
"So what he is just a damn fling?!"
"No!"
"Then what is he?! Your 'side hoe'! Are you turning into my damn brother?!" His eyes were glassy and I swore he was trying to cover up that he was crying.
"Jax I fucking love you! Why can't you see that?!" I yelled.
I could tell he was fighting the urge to kiss me and I really wish he would because I losing my shit right now.
"Then tell me the truth," he voice cracked and it killed me to see him like this, "who is he? And does you love you as much as I do?!"
I smashed my lips against mine and he kissed me back eagerly, our lips moved in sync. He licked my lower lip and I gladly let him in.
When we pulled away, we were both panting and my lips were swollen.
Jax's chocolate brown eyes were dancing with mischief once again and I smiled to myself for bringing it back.
"He's my brother Jax."
He looked at the ground with regret, "I'm sorry I let my jealousy get the best of me."
I hugged him, "its okay baby."
"No its not, I always get jealous and I overreacted because of your damn brother!"
"Shush baby, its okay," I cooed and played with his hair.
He rolled his eyes but didn't stop me, "you're lucky I'm in love with you," he mutered.
I giggled.
Jax tensed when a cop car drove up, flashing its lights.
"Baby, what's happening?"
"Don't worry about it."
"But I want to know-"
"I said don't fucking worry about it!"
I flinched at his tone. What the hell is happening?
He ran a hand through his hair, "I'm sorry, its just-"
Before he could answer, the cop pulled his arms behind him and placed him in handcuffs.
"What's happening?!" I screeched.
The cops immediately recognized me, "Ms. Adams go home."
"But I want to know what he did!"
Jax looked at them with a pleading look and they shut up, "I'm sorry miss."
I growled and crossed arms, "he needs to hear his rights."
They hesitated, "its in the constitution, if you don't tell him, you can't arrest him."
A cop sighed, "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you."
"Well I'm coming too," I insisted.
"I don't think that's a good idea-" one of them started.
I held up my hand, "either you let me or you're fired."
Jax glared at me and I smirked. He knows I always get my way.
They put me in the back with no handcuffs next to Jax, "it'll be okay," I promised but he just shook his head.
__________________________________________
Hahahaha!!! Cliffhanger! Don't worry you'll figure out what he did in the next chapter. Any ideas? Jake?! Emmy is pretty persistent, huh?