The Mona Lisa Ghost

"Did you know? The face sculptures in the Art Room are looking at us if we go there after school." A girl, Nina, said to her classmate, Judith.

"Yeah, it's true. Especially the Mona Lisa painting. It is said that if you stand near it, it will kill you. I don't know how though." Nina's friend, Mary, backed Nina up to scare Judith.

"I don't believe you!" Judith said, scared. "Well, don't say we don't warn you." Nina turned around, winking at Mary.

--- Art class ---

Mary was sitting beside Judith and Nina behind Judith. As they paint, Nina poked Judith at the back. "Don't you feel like many people are watching you?" She whispered.

"Look at those sculptures eyes. Wait! Didn't that one just blinked?!" Mary joined in. "No! Of course not! You're lying!" Judith said, scared out of her wits. "We're not." They both chorused and continue painting.

--- going home ---

"Damn! I forgot my watercolor box in the Art Room!" Judith said, slapping her forehead.

"Well, we'll go first. But be careful, Mona Lisa is watching you..." Nina said, making haunting gestures. Nina and Mary then walked away laughing.

--- in the Art Room ---

"Damn! Why should I left it below Mona Lisa painting?! I'll just grabbed it and go!" Judith thought.

She walked across the room, trembling. She didn't dare to look up. She quickly grabbed the box and turned around. "Phew... Everything's fine." She exhaled, relieved. Suddenly a pair of very cold hands wrapped around her neck and choked her.

The hand came from the Mona Lisa painting.

Judith can't breathe and became weaker and weaker with every passing second. With her last hope, she hit the hand with the watercolor box with all her might. The hand released her and she ran away.

--- next day ---

"It's true! The painting really choked me!" Judith said to Nina and Mary. "We don't believe you. We just used that to scare you yesterday." Nina said.

"Have a look!" Judith said, pointing to the Art Room. Nina inspected the painting. "Nothing's different." She said.

"There is, Nina. Look!" Mary said, trembling. She was pointing to Mona Lisa's hand. The one that was showing was fine bit the one behind it, the one Judith hit, was decorated with a red line, almost like blood. Nina touched it and it felt sticky. She sniffed it and shrieked in terror.

It was really blood.