1

Maya's POV:

I raised my hand, too impatient to let Matthews call on me. I got out of my seat and smiled at him. I took a fifty-dollar bill out of my pocket. "Listen, Matthews, why don't ya let us start the Summer early? If ya do, this ol' thing could be yours." I said, waving the 50 in front of him. He pushed my hand down. "Ms. Hart," he said, "were you even paying attention to the lesson?" I smiled, "You already know the answer to that, Mr. Matthews." He rolled his eyes, then told me to return to my desk. "But I can't wait five more minutes!" I whined. "Keep it up, and you'll get detention. You can miss even more of the Summer."

My best friend, Riley, beamed, "Can I join her?" 

"Why?" Matthews asked his daughter, turning his attention away from me.

 "I wanna spend time with peaches!" She used the nickname she gave me when were 5. 

"Yeah, okay." He walked back to his desk, only to see that his alarm clock showed 2:15. He groaned. "Have a good Summer, everyone! It was great to spend another year with you! Stay in contact, get a good job, and make the most of your life! Goodbye! See you at the ceremony tomorrow!"

Trying to stay calm, I walked over to Mr. Matthews, who was hugging the students, and reached into my canvas bag. I grabbed my spray paints, and decorated his back from hair to feet. And he didn't even notice! Riley didn't either. But Lucas and Farkle did. "Maya, what did you do??" Farkle asked. Mr. Matthews turned, and followed Farkle's gaze.

"Detention?" I asked. 

"No, just go and have fun. It's Summer, and Riley is leaving..." He quickly realized what he had just said, and stopped himself. Riley's leaving??