18

Maya's POV:

I woke up in a foggy place. No walls, yet I couldn't move. I was restrained by what? Perhaps myself. Suddenly, the room started shaking. I felt dizzy and fell backwards. I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I closed them. But I didn't go to sleep. Or maybe I did? I'm not entirely sure. 

"Maya Hart," A voice whispered. I tried to open my eyes to see who, but I was too weak.

"Where am I?" I asked instead.

"Well," the voice chuckled. "You're not quite dead, but you're not quite alive either."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, finally being able to open my eyes. I connected the voice to a beautiful, angelic being. She had long white hair cascading down her back, and bright blue eyes stared at me. She gave me a warming smile.

"Imagine it this way. You're in a car. You're on your way to Heaven. You now have the option to turn the car around."

"What happened?" I asked tiredly, not exactly understanding yet.

"You fell out of a window. Your friend, Farkle, tried to save you, but he was unsuccessful. He is mourning you, and so are your other friends and your mother."

This was a lot to take in. They actually cared about me.

"Am I strong enough to live?" I asked weakly.

"You are, but that's your decision," She moved towards me and took my hand. With her help, I stood up. She led me to a panel of two buttons. One had a human on it and the other had an angel on it.

"Which do you choose?"

"Do I get any other information?"

"I am allowed to answer one question about your future."

I asked my question, and she answered. My hand hovered over the button, and as I took in her answer, my hand flew down onto the button. And with that, I disappeared from that abysmal room.

This book is officially off hold! However, it is almost finished. :(