19

Riley's POV: 

"So this is it? If she doesn't wake up now, she never will?" I asked.

"Yes," Katy answered, playing with her fingers at the stoplight. 

Farkle held his head in his right hand and had his other arm wrapped around me. I did the same. Lucas was seated in the front next to Katy.

After minutes that seemed like hours, we arrived. We rushed up to Maya's hospital room and ran in. We all crowded around her bed. The line on the monitor was close to flat. Oh no.

"She's going to die," I whispered. Tears began to rush to my eyes. Katy slumped down into the seat next to her and sobbed. Farkle, Lucas, and I all wrapped our arms around each other and cried. We waited for the beeping, but it did not come. We waited a little more, but still, no. We all looked up at the monitor and saw the line slowly pick up pace.

"Oh my God," Katy whispered, wiping her tears.

Before anyone else could say anything, Maya's eyes slowly opened. 

"Oh, Maya!" I screamed, running over to hug her. "How I've missed you!"

Lucas said a few things to her as well, and of course, so did Katy. Finally, Farkle approached her bedside. 

Maya's POV:

"I'm so sorry, Maya. This is all my fault." He said slowly.

"Shut up," I answered, finally sitting up. "I'm fine, and how could you have known?"

"It's just that..oh, Maya. While you were..well..almost dead, I realized something."

"What is it?" I asked. 

"Maya..I like you. I mean, really like you. Like, like like you, and I know I'm completely failing at this-"

I kissed him, slowly cutting him off. It was a slow kiss, but a meaningful one at that.

"You're right, you were completely failing at it."

He laughed. Everyone crowded around me as I slowly came out of the dreary hospital bed. I proceeded to tell them all about the room I had been before I woke up.

"What was your question?" Riley asked.

"Well," I smiled. "I asked if all of us would always be friends."

"And?" Lucas asked.

"What was the answer?" Farkle questioned.

"Yes."

THE END

I hope you all enjoyed this story! More stories to come, including a sequel to one of my books...