8

Farkle's POV:

I was freaking out. A paramedic reassured me that she'd be alright, but I wasn't convinced. Due to the severe impact caused by the fall, the chances of her living are very small. Isadora being here helped.

"Thanks for coming, Isadora."

She placed a hand on my shoulder. "Anything for you, Honey."

Though I tried to push it out of my head, the memory replayed over and over in my head.

Maya used all of her strength to try and pull me up. But she gave out, and fell out the window. I hate to say it, but it was actually sort of cool seeing the world at light speed.

But I knew science wouldn't save us. Maya had a firm grasp on my hand, and me fell like I was falling up. When we were about half way down, I reached out to grab a brick that was sticking out. I got a firm grasp, and held tightly to both it and Maya. But my grip on her was loosening. She cried, and that was one of the only times she ever cried.

Suddenly, she fell. I didn't have a firm enough grip. And because of me, she's gonna die. I screamed so loud, I bet Riley could hear me.

It replayed in my mind again, but this time with Isadora instead of Maya. And I still screamed, but not even half loud.

Even when the paramedics had rescued me from the ledge, I was still dangling for a life; Maya's life.

If only Lucas were here. He'd know what to do. Why'd he have to leave to Texas? Same with Riley.

Isadora said, "Don't worry, Honey. It'll be OK." But I had to wonder, was I really her Honey? Or was I somebody else's?