Not So Proper Packing

Okay, that was a little mean

Okay, that was a little mean... I shouldn't have laughed when my mom passed out, but you should have seen her face. Even Darius burst out laughing along with me.

The timing was perfect. One moment I was like "I want to save my brother's sorry butt and his fiancée from the dragon!" and the next my mom was on the floor. It was hilarious.

Anyway, that's not why we're here, is it? As soon as my mom recovered, a civil war broke out in the ballroom.

"There is no way you're leaving to go after your brother! If he, the best across the Kingdoms, couldn't save Darlene, then there's no hope for anyone else, much less someone like you!" she shrieked.

"Have you ever given me a chance to prove myself? How do you know I'm going to fail when you don't even know of my magical abilities?" I told her mystically. Darius raised an eyebrow and braced himself for what was to follow.

"What are you talking about?" my father asked in confusion.

"Well, if I find the dragon, I'll just annoy him to death. He won't be able to handle my complaining and all that, so he'll just let Bernie and Darlene go." I shrugged.

My mother's eye started twitching dangerously. "Samantha, forget it."

"I say we give her a chance." Queen Barbara said.

"Thank you! See? Queen Barbara knows that I'm the real deal. What have you got to lose mom? If I don't come back you're only be rid of the spare kid you never wanted." I rolled my eyes.

"Samantha, that's not it--" my mom said, clearly hurt by my comment.

"Save it mom. Everyone knows how you feel about Bernie and how you feel about me. At least give me the chance to do something useful for once. You're the one that always says that I'm good for nothing and that all I do is laze around and now that I'm asking to do something that could make you feel the least proud of me, you won't let me!" I told her.

"Fine, but you'd better come back alive, you hear me? Just because I'm too busy, it doesn't mean I don't care about you!" she replied.

"I'm not talking about the neglect, I'm talking about your attitude." I glared at her. "I'm gonna go pack now, if you don't mind." I added and left the throne room with Darius.

Once we arrived in my room and I took a look in my closet, my face fell.

"Yeah, that ain't gonna work." I shook my head, scanning through the vast amount of dresses hanging and the loss of anything that even looked like pants. "Can I borrow some of your clothes?" I asked my brother.

"No way."

"Please?" I pouted, giving him the cutest face I could muster.

"What are you doing?" he raised an eyebrow. "Stop doing that."