Not So Proper Words

"I can't believe you!" I yelled in exasperation

"It's not my fault you were damn wasted! Besides, it's been three days since we left my town and you only just realised the innkeeper probably stole your money!" Jason argued.

"Oh, please! Not the whole wasted thing again, okay? You said it yourself- I have issues! Issues, I tell you!"

"The problem is that we're running out of food and I'm not going to face up a whole dragon without energy, got it?"

"A whole dragon," I scoffed. "Did you think it was going to be half a dragon? Maybe a quarter?"

"You know what I mean!" he yelled. I kicked a tree stump in frustration. My hair was all over the place and my eyes had dark circles underneath.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't robbed! You probably spent all your money on beer that night!"

"The beer was free, you- you- gah!" I exclaimed in anger. "I'm so hungry that I can't even insult you! Do to know how serious that is? Insults are my talent! I'm losing my talent!" I panicked.

"That's not a talent! You're rotten! All you do is mentally bully others! At first I thought, well, that maybe you were just hiding behind an icy exterior, but it turns out that you're all ice!"

"Take that back!" I screamed at him. "I'm not that cold! I'm just defensive!"

"Being mean to people with no reason is not defence! It's the opposite of defence! It's offense!"

"Not if you say no offense at first!"

"That's the problem, Sam! You don't say no offense at first!"

"Well, no offense, but I would literally throw you into a lake to drown right now! The only thing holding me back is that we don't have a lake nearby!"

"The joke's on you, Courdine! I know how to swim!"

"Wow! There actually is something you can do! Your navigational skills had me in doubt!"

"What?!"

"You said you knew the way to the cave! We should have arrived by now!" I stomped my foot, clenching my fists.

"Patience is a virtue and one of the many you don't have!" he yelled.

"I can be patient if I want! Wouldn't you be in a hurry of your damn brother and his fiancée- who happens to be the love of your life and one of the only people who's ever accepted you- are probably a dragon's next meal?"

"Well that explains it! You're in love with Darlene! You're not even travelling to save your brother! You only care about his future wife!"

"She's never made me feel useless, so yeah, my brother is no priority!" I snapped.