Not So Proper Venturing Through Swamps And Avoiding Mosquitoes Like The Plague

Whew, that is one long title! At least it's accurate

We have fun here! You know what they say; nothing like running a marathon through an icky and smelly swamp to get away from hungry, bloodsucking bugs!

I hate my life.

Jason was doing just great, honestly. I mean, why would the mosquitoes be interested in him when there was a royally juicy, walking meal around to feast upon?

Nature hates me.

I'm only just coming to the realisation that everything hates me and I'm worried it might be because I hate everything. Karma has been coming at me since I was born. We're practically besties now!

Only that this bestie is constantly stabbing me in the back.

Fun fact! I almost died when my mom gave birth to me. Okay, that wasn't that fun. Maybe for my mother, who has been disappointed she didn't manage to get rid of me back then, it was but it's not fun for anyone anymore.

Just for me, because I get to rub in people's faces that I'm never gonna die because even death hates me.

Damn, one more on the list... Maybe I should just have a small list of things that actually like me. That would be more convenient.

The actual problem wasn't wading through the swamp. Like, thank the Moon I managed to borrow Darius' clothes, or I would have probably drowned in there. All it would take would have been a stumble and Jason would never know what happened to me and where I disappeared off to. I'd get tangled up in my dress and die slowly in a smelly swamp.

Did I mention that the swamp was damn smelly?

"Isn't there a shortcut? Why do we have to go through this? Do you really hate me that much? You stood up to a freaking goddess so I wouldn't die, and kinda got your head all banged up in the process, but you can't find a way around the icky swamp? There are mosquitoes here!" I complained, slapping my arm in an attempt to kill the bug that was about to drink my blood.

"Relax, they're just hungry." Jason rolled his eyes.

"I don't think you're listening to me! Mosquitoes carry viruses and they love my blood. I'm probably going to set the yellow fever or something as soon as we leave this hellish place or whatever..." I grumbled, glaring at everything around me as we slowly walked knee-deep into water that was probably home to crocodiles or something.

"Don't you always say that you're invulnerable?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Immortal! Not invulnerable! I can still feel pain and get tortured and sick and all that! It's far worse when you can't die..."

"Just relax and slap away the mosquitoes, chief. You're never happy with our routes. First you complain that we're lost-"

"We were lost."