1

So today started like any normal day, I never thought that I'd end up arrested by... well whoever the hell they are.

It started with my foster mom calling me down for breakfast.. I'm grateful her and Luke adopted me, but I've never been at home here.

I know they love me, but it's just... it's not my place.

"Yes Mother, I'll be down in a second. Give me time to frickin inhale oxygen!"

"Don't talk to your mother like that, it's disrespectful. Your Grandma would have beat my ass if I talked to her that way!"

That was my foster dad, his names Luke Jemmings, he's a pain in my ass, but I love him to death.

I even changed my last name when they took me out of the orphanage.

I didn't have a known last name back then, so I didn't really see the problem.

I remember both my mom, and my dad.. I can't remember their names though. I was in an accident when I was younger, that affected my memory.

Of course that was after I'd already been put into foster care. I'm kind of glad I don't remember their names.

I remember ages five through thirteen.. but I draw a blank for the rest of that time. I was put into foster care when I was fourteen. And I can't remember half of the year I turned thirteen.

However I can't remember their names, where I lived before this, or how I even got here.

I finally picked up my heavily tired body, and walked downstairs.

"Morning..."

"Your breakfast is in the microwave, I gotta go to work in a second; My mother's coming in a few days I need you to get the house cleaned up. Top to bottom, every nook and cranny. Everybody knows how nosy Mom is."

Must be where she gets it from..

"Yes Mom, thanks for breakfast." I really don't want to clean anything.. I already had plans to binge watch anime today, I ain't doing nothing.

"Mom?"

"Yes honey?"

"I'm busy today, I can't clean..."

"Darling, A) with what friends? And B) If my mother sees the house looking as dirty as it does right now, she'll call child protective services and will have you sent away!"

So what? It's not like I haven't been there before..

"Yea right. You always say that, and she hasn't yet.."

"Just do what I ask you for once, please... there's things in these worlds- this world that you don't understand... laws you don't know about."

"There's a law that says I have to clean my whole house because my mother said to?" I'm practically laughing at her now...

"Yes Peyton, there's laws you don't know about. Laws that could have you taken away from me, a dirty house that's not clean is just one of the excuses they'll use when they find you- I mean... If they find out what I've been hiding up there, you'll be taken. Just trust me. And also some people have morals."

"Mom, stop with all of your lies, I've never, ever, ever heard you talk about a law against a dirty room!"

"The law isn't about the fact that your room is dirty, why can't you understand that..." she trails off and looks at her cell phone..

"I'll explain it all to you when I get home, I gotta go to work... just clean it up.. before it's too late. There's things in your room hidden that the government needs, things I won't give them.."