2

The rest of the trip was pretty quiet.

It's been a couple months since then. I wonder if my parents miss me at all? I wonder how Celia is..

I didn't look at Azariah much after that, sometimes I'd glance at him.

He was never looking back though..

Right now I'm at their house.

He was right all I've had to do was cook and clean so far, next up is his and Lydia's room.

You're probably wondering why I'm just letting them do this to me.

When you've realized that anything is better then being where you were, this is actually a joyful thing to be a part of... so far.

He let me keep my music after I explained why I need it. He didn't ask any specific questions.
I just told him that some things have happened in my past, and I need music to cope.

He told me that as my king, he would grant me that wish. But he made it clear that if it was ever discovered that I was using my phone to contact anybody, I'd never hear a music note again.

I'm on my way to his room now with my cleaning supplies.

I'm hoping he isn't there because I don't like people watching me clean. In fact I hate it..

I walk up to the door and knock.. when nobody answers I pull the key out and let myself in. Yes I was entrusted to keys, although you might say that's my ticket to escaping... not only do I feel more at home here than anywhere else, there's also only keys to bedrooms, and that does not include mine.

I don't have a bedroom bedroom, not like he does. I live in their basement, in what once was a closet but they've since expanded it to be big enough for me to live in.

They've provided a bed exactly like the one in my old home, yet somehow it's more comfortable.

I have everything I need, yet something is missing...

I keep my emotions in check for most of the day. But by the end of the day I'm always crying about Lydia and Azariah.

It's not fair that I feel this way, especially when he doesn't feel anything.

Walking into his room, I hear the shower running from his bathroom and realize I have to work quick.

First I pick clothes out for him, and lay them in front of the bathroom door, just sweats and a sleeveless shirt.. the first things I saw really.

I held myself back from smelling them..

Then I made his bed, because making someone's bed immediately improves the whole room.

Then I clear garbage off of nightstands and tables, sweep the floors, and collect laundry.

I'm just finishing up dusting the mirrors when he walks out with his clothes on.

I ignore him and keep working, he lays on his bed and gets on his phone... probably texting his wife.

He looks up at me while I'm cleaning and just stares..

"You almost seem to like cleaning, most people would say otherwise.."

I wait a beat and then walk over to the opposite side of his bed.

"May I?" I ask looking to his bed.

He looks at me funny, then continues..

"Go ahead."

I sit cross legged on the bed looking at him, and then start to answer his silent question.

"Before I came here, I didn't have a sense of belonging, it was almost as if I wasn't there.. you guys taking me was a wake up call, I do exist. I do matter, even if it's not on the best conditions, or for the best purposes.. I belong somewhere. And that's almost enough for me."