10

My week is almost up.

East knows I used a temporary rejection on Romyn, she's mad but she understands.

Thank God Azariah hasn't tried to talk to me at all, I don't know if I'll be able to handle seeing him.

Mom?

Yes?

When are we leaving? Where are we going? I told him I'd be out by the end of the week.. - That's tomorrow.

You're better off not knowing. He knows you're training. He'll know where you're at. You'll be at one of his many estates. They are all hidden from the world. The only people who know they exist is me, him, and his grandfather. His dad died before he could learn.

So I don't get to know where I'm going, and I'm just supposed to trust you?

Most children trust their mother.

Not when their mother abandoned them.

That was out of line Peyton.

You're right I'm sorry. When do we leave?

Tomorrow. Tomorrow night. At midnight. I'm warning you, he wants come for you early. He already likes you. I can tell. Finish packing your things. There isn't much time between now and midnight.

So what's my time limit now?

I'd say 3 months.

That's a lot sooner. A year. I was promised a year, to get strong. So I had a chance..

You're already strong baby.. you just need practice. Three months is plenty of time, up your mental game and everything will be fine.

Did you just call me stupid?

No. But the fact you're implying that I did, is in fact, stupid.

Whatever. Don't peep in my mind unless I talk to you please.

Okay, talk to you later sweetheart, however sometimes a mother just can't help herself.

Moms can sometimes suck. I don't know whether the fact she peeps in my mind if creepy, or great. - Considering the fact I've been wanting her to come back since the day she left.

Ugh, the story of my real mother leaving me. - It's not a beautiful goodbye, or anything like that.

My dad was in a lot of debt, with a lot of bad people. - These people threatened to kill me. So my mom ran away with me, leaving my dad to be killed.

He was killed when I was twelve years old, leaving my mom to pay off his debt, and take care of me.

I guess it was too much for her, because she left me. I woke up one day, in a home and was told my mom would eventually come back. - And that for now I should just try to adjust, and live my life out until she came back.

Then I met my foster parents. - Which by the way, I do love them. I just don't feel loved.
I honestly hate it there, this was the first place I felt at home at, since my mother was with me, and my father was alive.

I can't believe my mom is still trying to pay off his debt. - I would have just given up and taken the death penalty from them.

I always imagined them as thugs, killers, just overly disgusting people - The people who wouldn't let my dad go.

I always tried to imagine how and why they could ever want to kill my sweet father. But as I grew up I realized that Dad wasn't as sweet to other humans as he was to me.

He was ruthless, he killed people, and didn't pay back bad people. - He was a bad person, and I hate the way I found out.

The way I found out that it was a death penalty when I was seven years old, is not a story I'm proud of. - However it's the truth, so I guess I should just come right out and say it.

Me being the sneaky, conniving, bratty girl I was. - Snuck down to my fathers forbidden room of the house, his office. - He was on a phone call, but I didn't care. It just made sneaking in all the while easier.

I went in, and hid under his desk. - Did he notice me? No.

I heard a guy talking in the phone, saying if my daddy didn't have the money in the 'boss man's' hands by the end of the week, they'd kill him.

And apparently by whatever code they followed, they were allowed to.
That day, I realized my daddy wasn't who I thought he was.

That's the day I realized there's bad in good, and my mother proved there's good in the bad. - My daddy, was sneaky, conniving, and an asshole. - I get it from him.

But his weakness was always my beautiful, kind, and sweet, mother. - She proved that anyone can find good in bad.

And that gave me hope in my daddy.

However I lost all my faith in him, as the years went by.

As I got older, he was constantly disappearing, his breath stunk of alcohol, and mommy looked like she had aged ten years, in ten months.

Stuff was bad, they were constantly fighting. - And he was just spitefully adding more to their debt.

It's almost like he planned to leave her, planned to disappear. - That's right, disappear.
They never killed him. - He disappeared, I just assumed that's what happened when I was younger.

That day was also the day I realized how screwed up this world is.

And this place was the first place I could forget about everything. - And now I'm leaving it. To strengthen my mind, so I can get my mom out of her debt.. even though she had no problem abandoning me.

I've learned that all people care about is money.

I doubt my mom even cares about me, I mean truly, underneath all of her motherly hormones that blind her..

She probably is just passing their debt to me, so she can go find my idiotic, abusive father, that way they can live 'happily ever after' without debt, and without me.

To be honest, if I had thought about it this way, before I said all of that shit I regret to Azariah, then I'd tell her to screw off.

But apparently the dude is coming for me, whether I like it or not. So I might as well go through with the plan.

Especially now that I've screwed crap up with Azariah..

It's a really screwed up situation, but like I said - Its a screwed up world.

I'm not even sure where I'm at anymore, I don't know where I'm going.

I'm going to train for something that I don't understand, to fight someone I don't know,
For a debt that isn't mine to pay.

I have to make some idiot fall in love, with me.

Who's gonna fall in love with me?

The only person that could is someone who is forced into their feelings, like Azariah. - The fact that he's my mate has to be the only reason he likes me.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to do this.

But I don't have a choice.

He's taking me whether I fight back or not.

So I might as well save my mother while I'm there. And

I already got Azariah out of the way, now I need to just find out how to get my mother out of the way.

I love her, and I miss her, but she's just not the person my six year old self remembers.
She seems fake.

Although, she says she's being controlled by whoever his guy is. - So maybe it's just him controlling her emotions.

I can only hope, otherwise I'll truly lose my mother....