If We Had More Time

Yaeli remembers when she found out this would end up killing her.
Turning to look at Jophiel, Anael, and Raziel, she felt tears begin fall.
How was she going to tell Cassiel?
"You love him don't you?" Jophiel and Ana were gone, only her and Raziel were left in the room.
"Yes," Yaeli said, barely above a whisper.
"I'm sorry."
"I have to tell him. I have to tell him everything."
"Yaeli, that may not be a good idea. He lives Jessica, if you tell him about her, who knows what he might do," Raziel said.
"And what if she does something to him?" Yaeli asked.
"It's a risk we'll have to have to take. We'll tell him after Jessica is gone."
"No, if something happens to him now, that'll be on us. Not on her."
"Yaeli, we can't and you won't. I do not understand love like you. But this is not the right choice."
"It is, Raziel."
"You love him too much."
"How can you not? I've heard it's all about his charm. People just can't resist it." A smooth voice said behind Yaeli.
Cassiel's voice, in this moment, sounded like nails on chalkboard to Yaeli.
"I'll leave you two to talk. Make the right decision, Yaeli," he said before his wings fluttered and he disappeared.
"Cass, look-" Yaeli began.
"You love me?"
"I can explain."
"Please do. I'd like to know what it's like, because clearly, Jessica does not love me."
"Why would you think that?"
"I don't know, but I can feel it. Like I'm missing out on something. I mean why doesn't she love me? Imagine how hard it'd be not to love me."
"I don't have to," Yaeli said.
It stayed silent for a while.
"I'm going to die. And before you say anything, it's to protect you and the angels and Jess. I want this."
"Yaeli, this isn't a good idea. You shouldn't have to do this."
"Cass, it's my choice."
"No, it's my fault you're going to die. If I'd just found someone else. If I sent someone else into hell to get Jess back, I'd still love her and she'd still love me. And I wouldn't be falling in love with you."
"Maybe if we had more time I'd have loved you more. I'd have been you. You'd have dropped the zero and gotten the hero."
"You don't have to do this," Cassiel said.
"You don't tell me what to do," Yaeli said, more sweetly than bitterly.
"When?"
"I don't know."
"Well then before you go, just know that I do love you. I think I always have. And I will love you until there is none of me left to give."
"And I'll love you until I can't remember who I am anymore."
"Goodbye, Yaeli," Cass said quietly.
"Goodbye, Cassiel."
Sure, it'd been awkward as all fuck, but if this was how Yaeli was dying, than she would remember it wherever she went.
And yeah, if she had more time, she'd love him until there was nothing left to love anymore.

This is an excerpt from one of my books, We're all dead in devils town, so if y'all liked it, please go read that story. It's not done yet, but I'm hoping it will be soon!
Thanks!
Bye.