Chapter 9 | In Which I Catch Him Spying On Me

"Good neighbors always spy on you to make sure you are doing well."

Pawan Mishra, Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy

🎶

N I N E : In Which I Catch Him Spying On Me

I shoot up on the bed suddenly remembering what happened. I look down to see myself on a comfy bed wrapped around in some nice smelling sheets. I panic again throwing the sheet away before jumping out, fear once again invading my body.

But as soon as I take a hasty step, I trip over something hard and fall on top of it.

"What the hell!" a groan sounds from beneath me and I scream before realising whose voice it is. "Asher?!" that seems to wake him up and he immidiatly gets up staring at me. "Addalynn," he breathes out. I push away from him though and stand up, anger filling me. So he was the one who scared the crap out of me yesterday. I wasn't kidnapped like I thought. A part of me feels relieved but another part of me is just mad.

How could he do something so cruel.

I don't even feel the urge to look around in the room I had always wanted to set a foot in but dash for the door in a hurry to get home. I don't really get far though before I am pulled into Asher's defined abs. He is shirtless and a blush creeps up my face but soon vanishes, instead the tears threaten to come out again.

Asher turns me around swiftly before looking at me. A tear escapes my eye and I try to pull away but he crushes me into his chest, his face pressing into my messy hair. I freeze, his smell invading my nostrils. In any other situation I would have been hyperventilating by now but I don't know what to feel at the moment.

"I am so sorry, buttercup. I am so so sorry," he whispers repeatedly and this time I can't help it but sob into his chest. "I thought you left me, I was so scared.... I kept calling your name but you never answered me and suddenly being there didn't feel as mesmerizing as when we arrived there together. H-h-how could you?" I tremble hitting my fist against his chest trying to pull away again, feeling the need to curl up on my own bed. He doesn't let me though but only pulls me tighter against him, stroking my hair.

"I just wanted to scare you, you know. You ran off before I could react and I thought the best way to get back at you would be scaring the crap out of you. I never thought you would react the way you did. You just blacked out in my arms the moment I got to you.... You scared the crap out of me buttercup." His voice sounds slightly shaken up as well and I pull away to look at him before noticing that I am still in his arms. I clear my throat and his eyes widen shortly before he pulls away sitting down on his bed. I follow him, wanting to know what happened afterwards.

Crap didn't I have morning breath?

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I chant in my head before moving further away from him looking up at him with sleepy eyes.

"Can you put on a shirt please?" I blush. Asher smirks, "why is this distracting you?" I look away, "no-no" I stutter out probably not sounding that convincing.

"I am really sorry!" he repeats again. I smile to myself feeling somewhat special. Asher King doesn't say sorry to anyone.

"It is ok, I am afraid to be alone at places." I fiddle with my bracelet before looking up at him again. He looks like he wants to ask me something but keeps quiet about it.

"How did I get here?" I ask finally. Asher chuckles, "I carries you bridal style the whole way home." My eyes bulg out of their sockets, "you did what?! What if someone saw?" I screech. Asher gives me a look, "does it look like I care?" I shake my head no. Great, someone probably saw. Gossip spread like wild fire around here.