Chapter 2 | Detention

"Ok class we are doing a group project on different countries so I'm going to pair you up okay? NO CHANGING ALOUD."
As the teacher reads off names, one catches your attention, "Tsukishima-san and Shimizu-san"

"You're kidding me right?" I groan.

"Excuse me Sensei, I can't work with someone who doesn't even have a brain." Tsukishima says 'politely'.

"YOU COME SAY THAT TO MY FACE YOU LITTLE—" You yell charging at Tsukishima but Yamaguchi holds you back.

"Gladly," Tsukishima gets up out of his seat smirking.

"YOU TWO" The teacher yells, infuriated.

"Ok the Inter-high prelims are starting soon, so we are doing training camp with the Nekoma Volleyball Club." Coach Ukai says addressing everyone, "Lets work hard and beat Nekoma at a practice match!"

"YEAAAH" everyone hollers with excitement.

"HAH YOU TWO GOT DETENTION FOR FIGHTING IN CLASS" Tanaka snickered.

"IT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PHYSICAL IF YAMAGUCHI-KUN DIDN'T HOLD ME BACK" you say giving Tsukishima a death glare while he pretends not to notice.

"Hah. You cant even reach my shoulders without jumping. Theres no way you could beat me in a fight." Tsukishima teases.

"Why you—"

"Hey hey..." Daichi says pulling you and Tsukishima apart. "Get going to detention,"

"But practice—" Tsukishima starts before he gets interrupted by the captain, "I said go." Daichi's eyes lost all light as a dark aura formed around him.

A chill was sent down yours and Tsukishima's spine as Daichi threw both of you guys out of the gym.

"Shortie, this is your fault you realize that right?" The middle blocker groans.

"Excuse me?" You put your hands on your hips. "This is YOUR fault. We wouldn't be having detention if you weren't being a dick which is really hard for you isnt it?"

While you guys were making your way to the main building, you run into Kiyoko.

"Onee-chan!" You give her a hug.

"Oh! Hey (Name)-chan! and hi Tsukishima-kun" Kiyoko smiles while holding folders.

"Whats that for?" You ask.

"Oh this? This is for—"

"SHIMIZU-SAN!!" A voice calls. You turn in the direction of the sound. Is it that girl I talked to in Geometry? Is it for me?

A group of girls ran over and grabbed Kiyoko. Each of them yelling about their own problems.

"Uhm... I'm sorry ladies but I have to get to the volleyball club..." Kiyoko stammers.

"Uh— I can help?" You offer without thinking about detention.

None of the girls take notice to your comment as they continued to beg your sister for help. Anguish overcomes you as you stand there awkwardly as they continue to ignore you and go all over Kiyoko. They've seen you before, but never bothered to care. Tsukishima leans over to look at your expression which makes his golden eyes widen a bit.

"Oi, Shortie," Tsukishima says breaking you out of your trance of sorrow. "Lets get going." He grabs your arm and drags you out of the situation.

You pull your arm back in anger. "What the hell you beanstalk!"