Chapter 11 | The Bet

"Everyone. This is Yachi Hitoka. She is considering becoming a co-manager along with my sister once I'm gone." From behind your sister is a short first-year. She has shoulder-length hair, the same color as Tsukishima. Her light brown eyes, shaken with fear. After all, she is surrounded by a bunch of sweaty boys. Your eyes turn to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi. You notice a light blush on Yamaguchi's cheeks and gasp. You laugh to yourself and turn to Yachi.

"Nice to meet you Yachi-chan! My name is Shimizu (Name)! You can call me (Name)... You must be scared but its okay." You hold the petite girl's hands in yours. "You can always turn to me whenever okay? Don't let Tanaka and Noya frighten you because Mama Suga will protect us."

"O-Oh?"

"I-I'm sorry.." You say stepping back, letting go of her hands. "That was all too sudden, I apologize. I'm Kiyoko's sister and I hope we can be friends."

"Oh of course!" Her face lights up. "I could use a first year friend. Your sister kind of intimidates me— b-but in a good way?"

You laugh and lean in and whisper in your new friend's ear. "I could use a friend who isn't a boy and plays volleyball."

You both laugh as Tsukishima overhears. "Who said that you have any friends?" He says smirking.

"EEP!" Yachi hides behind you, frightened by the middle blocker.

"Cmon beanstalk you're scaring the poor girl." You put your hands on your hips.

"Please. If anyone is scaring her it's you."

You gasp as your anger rises. "Oh please. Who wouldn't be intimidated by a salty Dino dork like you?" You give him a very fake smile as Yachi backs up.

"K-Kiyoko-senpai? What is going on?" Yachi says worrying you and Tsukishima are going to kill eachother.

"Oh this is normal don't worry."

"N-Normal?"

"Shut up you dickhead! I have you know I will do amazing on my final exam. I bet I can beat your scores!" You say proudly as your anger is boiling. "If I win then you have to... dress in a female uniform for a week."

"Okay. And if you lose?...." Tsukishima says slyly.

"Since I don't trust you..." You look around until your eyes are put on Mama Suga, "Suga can choose what both of us have to do."

"Oh?... Then deal." You two shake hands automatically. 

'Jokes on him! I know I'm better than him in English and History! I wonder what he looks like in a skirt....' 

"May the smartest person win." You say sneering.

"Then we already know who won." Tsukishima mouth forms into his usual smirk.

You both storm away from eachother, clearly irritated. Yamaguchi whispers something into Tsukishima's ear franticly. "Now is not the time to Yamaguchi."

"Hmph." You walk over to Kiyoko and Yachi who seems like she is breaking down.

"(Name)-chan are you okay?" 

"I'm sorry you had to see that Yachi-chan.... but I will win!" You say with utter confidence

"A-Are you sure? Tsukishima-san seems to be really smart-- n-not saying you aren't smart but--" Yachi stumbles on her words.

"Yeah he is pretty smart," You admit. 'Really smart'  "But if I study hard enough I know I can win!!"

"I believe in you!"