Chapter 23 | At Least You're Here

"Okay" you say tying an apron around your back. "Lets get started!"

You turn to Tsukishima who stands there wearing an apron decorated in splashes of the rainbow and a lot of glitter. You raise your eyebrow, "do you really want to wear that one? I made it in first grade"

"Oh, really? I thought this was one of your more recent works" Tsukishima sneers. You punch his shoulder.

"Hey! Shut up. I was voted the most artistic first grader." You stand confidently. Tsukishima tries to hold back his laughter as you brag about your countless elementary accomplishments.

You roll your eyes and take out a small box wrapped in a salmon pink bow. Inside lies index cards with recipes you and Kiyoko mades over the years. You run your fingers threw each recipe, picking one out. You take out an index card and place it on the table neatly.

"Pizza?" Tsukishima looks over your shoulder at the handwritten card.

"Yep," You open the refrigerator and take out a bag of dough that you made in the morning. You swiftly sprinkle flour onto the table.

-

You place the pizza in the oven as Tsukishima slides his finger in the flour and wipes his finger across your cheek. Your mouth hangs open as you loudly gasp.

"How. Dare. You!" You grab a handful of flour and smack it into Tsukishima's face. Tsukishima blows the powder off his face, creating a storm of flour. You cover your eyes as Tsukishima sneak attacks you and places his hands on your cheeks and spreads more on it. You both stare at eachother as the flour settles on the floor and counters. At the same time, you both begin laughing.

After you finish cleaning up, you sit on top of the counter. You grab a damp rag and rub it against Tsukishima's face, who now is of equal height to you.

"What are you doing?" Tsukishima moves his face away.

"Cleaning your face dummy, so stop moving" you hold his shoulder

"You know, the whole flour thing doesn't look too bad on you." You chuckle softly. You don't notice Tsukishima's tinted cheeks as you lean in close. Tsukishima likes the feeling, and doesn't want this moment to end.

Tsukishima impulsively puts his hand to your cheek. He rubs his thumb across your cheek to rub off some powder. Even though he says he doesn't want to mess up your relationship with Misawa, some part of him wants to tell you how he feels. Tsukishima pulls his hand away and holds it as he turns red.

You jump down from the counter, forcing a laugh you say, "I better go clean off. I'm going to go shower"

You run upstairs into the bathroom and lock the door. You lean against the door and turn to the mirror. To your surprise, your face is a deep red.

In the kitchen, Tsukishima bends down taking off his glasses. Covering his flushed face with his hand, the middle blocker repeats on a loop, "Idiot. Idiot. Idiot"

You walk down the stairs, drying your (H/C) hair with a towel. Your face still reminisces the faint hint of pink. You turn to the living room to see the back of a relaxed Tsukishima on the couch. You wrap the towel around your neck and tiptoe across the cold wooden floor. You place your hands on the side of the middle blocker's face and carefully lift his black glasses. Surprisingly, Tsukishima doesn't budge. You stand on your toes and lean your head over to see Tsukishima's face. No longer tense, his face is more relaxed as he snores softly. You lean your head on your arms as you just stare at him sleeping.

You jump back onto the floor when the timer signally the cooked pizza rings throughout the house, waking up Tsukishima. He touches his face and turns around.