Chapter 13 | The Date: Part 2

You and Tsukishima enter the roller rink, lights of all colors filling up the room. Pop music blasting from each speaker.

"Come one! Come all! Starting in 5 minutes is the annual roller rink race! The winner will get a coupon for a free dinner at a restaurant!" An announcer says into the microphone at the center stage.

You and Tsukishima share a competitive glance and quickly rent out your skates.

"READY. SET. GO" a whistle blows as music begins to play. You set off on your skates. As everyone else trail behind, Tsukishima and you are head to head. One lap after the other, desperate to beat eachother. Suga and Daichi sit at a booth in their disguises watching as you two zoom around the center stage.

"Wow they're going pretty fast." The third year setter takes a sip of his pink lemonade.

"If they look past the arguing they get along pretty well... right now it looks like some friendly competition." Daichi says.

"Our children all grown up. Not fighting." Suga wipes a tear from his eye.

-

As the last lap of twenty nears, tense rises. Now, everyone but you and Tsukishima have given up. Your heads turn to eachother, neck to neck. The final flag waves as you both cross the line. You start flying towards the wall before Tsukishima grabs your hand and pulls you back.

"Thanks.." you shake Tsukishima's hand awkwardly and dust yourself off. "But I won."

"Yeah right." He says out of breath as sweat rolls down his temple.

"ITS A TIE!" The announcer says through the speakers throwing both of you guys off. "Congratsulations. You both can use the coupon how you like." The announcer gives Tsukishima a thin piece of paper.

"What do we do now?" Tsukishima takes a rag to wipe his sweat.

"Well I think we can go out and use this coupon right?" You take the paper from his hand as you sit down. You close your eyes and tilt your head back, finally being able to relax. Tsukishima cleans his glasses as you sigh from relief.

"What is it?" Tsukishima puts back on his glasses.

"I thought I would die today.... but turns out it was pretty fun.." You trail off as you take a sip of your drink.

Tsukishima smiles to himself, "Same."

"Isn't that Shimizu (Name) sitting next to that tall first year?..." A girl murmurs to her friend.

"Who?"

"Oh you weren't there in junior high Kimi.... she's Shimizu Kiyoko's sister..."

"You mean that really hot one? She looks nothing like her!"

"I heard she only got into the smart class because of her sister...."

"Wow really? Shes so privileged jeez."

"Wait shes looking at us..... Shoot do you think she heard us?"

"L-Let's go..."

The two girls hurry off in worry. You clench your fists tight, your fingernails digging into your palm. Tsukishima glances and notices your fists.

"Just ignore them—" he starts.

You slam your hands on the table in front of you getting up. "I can't just ignore it okay?! It's so frustrating hearing the same thing over and over again and acting like it's okay! It's not okay!"

"Okay... I understand just calm the hell down. You get worked up too easily... Why can't you just ignore them like your sister woul—" Tsukishima pauses as your eyes widen and narrow into a furious look.

"I-I need to go." You clear your throat.

"Wait I didn't mean it like that..." Tsukishima trails off.

"Oh really? You didn't mean to compare me to Kiyoko? Just like everyone else does?" Your voice raises in anger.

"I'm just saying you need to learn to calm down and not let your anger control your actions." Tsukishima adjusts his glasses.

"You know what?.... Screw you."

"What?"

"I said. Screw you. I'm done with this I'm going home." You take your things.

"But Suga said—"

"Do you think I care anymore? You're such an asshole! God... to think I even considered..... I'm done." You turn away and storm out.

Your anger transistions to sadness as you turn away. You wipe a tear from your eye as you begin to sprint. Your phone buzzes with texts from Tsukishima.

-

"Oi Shortie answer me"

"Are you there?"

"....Answer"

"Shortie?"

"Where are you?..."

"I didn't mean what I said... I..."

"....."
.

.

.
"I'm sorry"

To Be Continued

Author's Note
I'm sorry this took so long and it's shorter than my other chapters. I'm having a major writers block and summer school keeps me occupied :,)

♡ Shortcake