⪻ 30 ⪼

Things are about to happen xx

⪻⪻⪼⪼

2 Weeks Later.

"Happy lunch, Annabelle."

The best part of my day, with the exception of either talking with or seeing Harry, is my lunch break at work. I'm finally free from my boss, usually, and am able to relax a bit. Victoria and I get to take our breaks at the same time, whilst our new intern watches our post for us... poor girl.

Around a week ago one of my tasks was to reach out for a new intern for Ms. VanCarlton. She claimed that she needed extra help with things but really the woman just wanted another person to do her dirty work. Even with the new hire, my workload remains the same, plus some.

I'm constantly running errands for my boss, teaching the intern how to do what I do correctly, sitting in on meetings with Ms. VanCarlton, and even doing some of the work that should be done by someone more qualified. So when it comes to relaxation during the day, it's either during my lunch break or the moments that I find myself crying in the toilet.

"Thanks Victoria." I say with a light chuckle as I take my lunch from the refrigerator and sit down across from my workmate in the break room. Just as I'm digging my fork into the salad I made myself this morning, I see Victoria smiling over at me from where she sits.

"How was your weekend? Do anything fun with your boyfriend?"

I've grown quite close to Victoria over the course of my working here and I've learned she's quite the curious one. It's nice to have another girl to talk to and though she doesn't know as much as Niall or Harry, I still consider her a friend.

"He's not my boyfriend, yet. And no actually; Harry had to work all weekend. Poor guy worked nearly thirty hours." Victoria stares shell-shocked over at me.

"Yikes, I can't imagine." She exclaims, taking a bite of her food. "Could you imagine working for Ms. VanCarlton for that long?" She questions after she's swallowed her bite of food.

"I can barely handle eight hours."

"Tell me about it." She mutters, glancing to the door at our side.

I wouldn't be surprised if our boss stormed right in to scold us about us speaking badly of her behind her back, she's crazy like that. Though, I don't think she'd ever step foot in this room; I've heard her claim that the spotless break room is too dirty for her to be in. Again, she's crazy.

"So, I spent my weekend with my brother, just relaxing. It was actually really nice. How about you?"

She goes on to tell me some story of her and her girlfriends going out, club-hopping on Friday, which I was invited to but politely declined. Apparently, they got kicked out of one club for dancing drunkenly on the bar. Victoria and I are opposites, but they say opposites attract so maybe that's why we get along.

"How was your date with that girl?" I wonder, remembering her mention something about a date on Saturday night, that is if she wasn't too hungover to go. Her smile glimmers at my mentioning of the date, so apparently it went well.

"It was great and I took your advice about that pub, she loved it! Kudos to Harry for taking you. But, I really like her, so hopefully she doesn't end up like my ex; he was a nightmare." I nod my head, agreeing with her in a way.

I told her in short about Taron, simply mentioning I had been cheated on. Crazy enough, her ex boyfriend cheated on her as well; sadly we could bond over that fact. Instead of never dating again, she just decided to explore her sexuality a bit more. She's told me on more than one occasion that she loves who she wants to love, because her love is gender free (Anne-Marie's Perfect, anyone?).