⪻ 54 ⪼

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"We're here!"

Harry hadn't even taken one full step into the massive house before he's trampled by a gorgeous black woman with a lean body and a larger than life smile. I presume this is his stepmother Juliette. She's slim, her figure absolutely to die for, especially for a woman in her fifties. She has a huge welcoming smile and she appears extremely pleased to see Harry.

It warms my heart that Juliette, though not truly related to Harry, still treats him as her own. You hear horror stories about a relationship between step-parent and step-child, take Cinderella for instance. And watching her now with Harry, squealing and throwing her arms around him, makes me incredibly happy and relieved that she isn't one of those creepy step-parents.

Juliette gives Harry multiple pecks on the cheek, all whilst Edward and I stay back and watch the interaction, smiling.

"Oh my goodness! I've not seen you in so long! How long has it been?" She questions as she takes Harry at arms length and looks him up and down. She nearly stands at his height with the heels she wears in her own home.

"Since Christmas maybe?" Harry ponders, glancing back in our direction as if to make sure we hadn't gone anywhere.

"Well, it's been too long. I don't get to see any of my kids anymore. You live the closest to us, yet you never stop by." Juliette playfully scolds Harry as he apologizes profusely for his absence over the last year.

"I may be to blame for his absence." I cut in, taking a step forward so that I'm standing beside the man that I love.

Juliette turns her attention to us, gasping before pushing Harry aside. Her hands are immediately wound around my body, squeezing me so dearly that it's almost painful. I had no idea a woman so slim could be so strong.

If there was any doubt in my mind that Juliette wasn't going to be friendly, it's all out the window now.

"Harry, how could you forget to introduce us!" Juliette scolds in Harry's direction, causing me to laugh and hug Juliette back.

"Juliette, we just got in the door!"

"Nonsense." I find myself chuckling to myself at their bickering before Juliette is back to looking me up and down. I almost feel like I'm under a microscope, but for some reason I'm not that intimidated. "Oh my God, you are even more beautiful that Harry described. Annabelle, right? Is that what you like to be called?"

"Yes, Annabelle is fine." I answer, my cheeks still burning at the fact that Harry told his step mum I was beautiful. "It's absolutely a pleasure to meet you. Harry has told me so much about you. You have a gorgeous home." I compliment, motioning to the incredibly foyer that surrounds us.

The ceilings in the entrance way are high and everything looks so clean and polished. The floors shine as if they had been freshly waxed this morning; I can practically see my reflection in them. The walls are covered in artwork, beautiful artwork. I know next to nothing about art, but they look expensive. I'm afraid to let Edward at my sight. Who knows how much trouble he could cause around here; one wrong move and something is sure to break.

"Why thank you. I like to dabble in interior design; I can show you around later if you'd like."

"I would love that."

"Oh!" Juliette gasps, her eyes glancing to Edward, who is nearly hiding behind me. If it weren't for his arm wound around Harry's, I suppose Edward would be completely hidden behind my body. "You must be Edward." She says, kneeling down to be closer to Edward's height. I give Edward a little shove forward, making sure he's not entirely behind me anymore.