⪻ 39 ⪼

This chapter is dedicated to... kidrauhlantonia!

Shout out to the Great British Bake Off website for the ideas that sparked some of the sweets mentioned in the chapter below. Check out their divine website: https://thegreatbritishbakeoff.co.uk/news-and-recipes/recipes/ xx

⪻⪻⪼⪼

I only had about thirty more minutes to freak myself out before Harry was parking outside of his childhood home. And even with the five minute refusal to get out of the car because I didn't think the woman would like me, I still didn't have enough time to prepare.

So here we stand, right outside the freshly painted front door that Harry gushes he painted for his mother a few weeks ago. Despite warning me not to ruin his masterpiece, he raises his own hand and knocks on the door, earning no response in return.

I joke that no one's home and turn to rush back to the vehicle, but Harry is quick to grab me, wrapping his hand tightly around mine. He opens the front door and pokes his head into the house, shouting a mum?

"Mum, we're here!" Without a response, yet again, Harry tugs me into the house. "She's probably outside in the garden."

Harry leads me through the lower level of the house, pointing to various things, like the piano at the edge of the room and a few photos hanging on the walls, before we make our way to the kitchen. I'm in awe at the interior of the house, but especially the kitchen.

I would have thought from the exterior of the home that it would be a cute little English village home, but it looks newly renovated. The entire home is impressive, but this kitchen is to die for. Sparkling marble countertops, spotless white cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and not to mention a huge island, it's my dream kitchen.

"Like the kitchen?"

"Like it? I love it!" I exclaim in a low tone. Harry smiles down at me as he leads me to a pair of doors leading out to the back garden.

"Hello mum!" He calls out to his mother like a child and tears through the doors. His mother barely has time to get out of her chair before Harry's engulfed her in a hug. The beautiful woman, who I can't believe has raised to grown, adult children, hugs her son back and laughs at his actions.

"I didn't hear you come in; I'm sorry!" She apologizes, kissing Harry on the cheek before prying his arms off of her. "How are you, my love?" She wonders, staring up at her son with so much love it makes my heart pound with jealousy deep in within.

This interaction right here was another reason I really wanted to push this meeting off. Seeing an interaction between a child and mother is still painful for me, actually seeing any parent with a child is painful. I remember when my mum used to greet me like this when I would return home from university.

"And you must be Annabelle!"

And just like that my heart rate spikes as I'm pulled into a friendly hug from Harry's beloved mother. The interaction causes me to stiffen at first, not entire expecting to be grasped onto before I was even out of my head.

"It's so wonderful to finally meet you, Annabelle. Harry talks non-stop about you, so I feel like I already know you." As Anne releases me from her tight grasp, I can't help but smirk over at Harry to see him blushing slightly.

"He talks about me that much?" I wonder, wanting to know exactly how much he talks about me to his mother. I feel faltered and that alone is making me feel a little bit more relaxed, and the fact that Anne is very kind.

"He talks about you so much." She answers, motioning to the kitchen island for me and Harry to take a seat.

"Mum." Harry warns, his cheeks still a blazing red colour. I chuckle lightly at how embarrassed he looks, probably looking like I had when we first entered this house.