⪻ 34 ⪼

I'm back to dedicating chapters on Wattpad, today's chapter is dedicated to.... aurourastyles!

Exciting chapter xx

⪻⪻⪼⪼

"Are you okay?"

After hearing those exact same three words for the past twenty-four hours, I've learned to utterly despise them with every being in my body. It's not Victoria's fault, because she doesn't know anything, but Harry's been the man asking the most.

I am not okay, it's clear from my entire appearance. My hair has been thrown up in a messy bun, unwashed and a tad bit greasy. My face is fresh of makeup for I woke up late with Harry, and whilst he ran to his place to take Edward to school I stayed in bed having a little cry. My clothes are a tad wrinkled, but I blame the dryer for that. All in all, I'm not having a very good day thus far.

"I'm fine." I can see Victoria out of the corner of my eye, still staring at me with her perfectly red painted lips parted in confusion.

"Are you sure, because you seem different today?" She tries again. My fingers come to a halt over my keyboard as I glance in her direction.

"I'm just tired. I didn't sleep well." I settle on, which is partly the truth. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, even after Harry and I got comfortable in my bed.

Surprisingly, Victoria's response to my excuse is a chuckle, followed by a light punch to the arm.

"Ah, you and lover boy spend the night doing more than just sleeping?" I can feel my wit slowly burning out and I know if I don't get my mind off these questions, I'll lose it.

"No, it was just a long night."

"Listen," Victoria loses the smile on her lips and leans towards me, placing a hand on my shoulder lightly. The humor is gone from her features and now there's only concern. "You don't look too good, are you -"

Just as I am about to snap at Victoria like a rubber band, someone beats me to it.

"Chambers! Get in here!" Mrs. VanCarlton hardly ever has a good day, and even when she does she still yells at us, but I can already tell that today isn't a good day. It's as if she knows my life has already taken an awful turn and she wants to make my life worse.

"Like I said, I'm fine."

Standing to my feet, I take a deep breath and eye Victoria, who gives me a small smile and wishes me luck with the beast. I walk with my head held high as I walk to my doom, knowing well that she had witnessed my entrance into work twenty minutes late. She even gave me one of those full body looks, clearly not enjoying my wrinkled outfit of choice.

"Close the door." I do as she says, looking out at Victoria through the glass. She gives me the smallest of smiles before immediately turning her attention back to her work. Mrs. Vancarlton's beady eyes are burning holes through my back during the exchange and I feel my heart pudder in worry.

What could she possibly want?

"You might want to take a seat for this." She tells me as she leans back in her perfect white leather chair. Her reading glasses come off her face as I slowly lower myself down into one of the seats across from her, her eyes never leaving me.

Nothing is said for a moment, Mrs. VanCarlton's slow movements to fall back in her chair casually being the only thing done between us. She continues to stare, not making any motion to speak first. For some reason I feel the need to apologize, for what I'm not sure.

"Have I done something wrong?" I ask, clearing my throat. The silence had become too much for me and the last thing I wanted to do was have a staring contest with my boss on a day like today.