⪻ 46 ⪼

Super quick announcement: I just uploaded a five chapter short story on my page called The Cycle of Love. It would mean the absolute world to me if you'd go on over and check it out and send it some love! I think you'll all like it. It's not technically a fanfiction, but I did write the male character using some of Niall Horan's physical attributes and such! Let me know what you think xx

https://www.wattpad.com/story/148170526-the-cycle-of-love

⪻⪻⪼⪼

You know that fuzzy feeling you get in your head after a night of heavy drinking? Me too, and I haven't even opened my eyes yet but I already feel it brewing. There's this distinct pounding in my head, like a drummer in your favourite rock band going to town on their solo, and I immediately regret turning to alcohol to fix my issues last night.

Letting out a large sigh, I roll over onto my side and consequently into Harry's hard body. The side of my face comes into contact with his warm chest and my leg instinctively folds in between his parted legs. The feeling of our warm, bare skin pressed against each other is almost the perfect hangover cure. It's heavenly and relaxing and comforting and...

Bare skin.

Almost too quickly my eyelids snap open to meet the tattoos littering Harry's bare chest. I don't move, scared that if I make another move Harry will wake up and I don't want that until I've had time to assess the situation.

Moving my head ever so slowly, I look down at my body pressed firmly up against Harry's. Though the sheets are pulled to my chest I can clearly see that I'm still wearing my bra, and I can feel the lace of my knickers riding up my bum, so thank God? With a slight brush of my knee upwards I can feel the familiar fabric of what Harry normally wears to bed, cotton Calvins.

Thank God.

From beneath me, I feel Harry move, probably due to the fact that I've been wiggling about for the last couple minutes trying to figure out if Harry and I made a crucial step in our relationship last night whilst utterly pissed.

"Morning." Is all he says, his deep morning voice floating through the air and sending chills down my spine. He seems completely oblivious to our practically nude situation and apparently unaware of our predicament.

"Uh, Harry?" I mumble, skipping over the good mornings. He hums in response, his arm snaking around my waist to pull me flush against his body. "What happened last night?" My face turns upwards to get a look at him as his eyes flutter open to the world. For a split second his gaze is directed to the ceiling but as his hand rubs up and down my bare back it slowly falls to my face.

"I've no clue." He answers, shuffling around a bit to get a better look at our two bodies.

"Did we -?" Without even finishing the question, Harry is shaking his head no at me and I find myself releasing a large sigh of relief.

"I don't think so. It would appear that things were leading to that, but we both must've passed out."

"Thank God." I breathe out, running a hand through my tangled hair as I roll onto my back to lay beside Harry. "I mean, it's not that I don't want to do that with you, I do." I assure him, fearing that my words were a little too harsh. "I really, really do; but we're taking things slow."

With a lazy smile and droopy eyelids, Harry looks over to me and nods his head.

"Much like you took those shots last night." He reminds me, causing me head to automatically start spinning again.

"Those were taken far from slowly." I mutter, pressing my eyes closed before turning into Harry's chest and burying my face flush against the crook of his neck. "My head is spinning."