⪻ finale ⪼

⪻⪻⪼⪼

25 March 2018 - 3 ½ Months Later

"Edward, buddy, please don't rush about!" I roll my eyes and call after the young boy running amuck in place where he shouldn't really be doing anything other than walking at a somber pace. I understand his need to rush on a day like today, but it's stressing me out.

"He's just excited to see them, let him be." The handsome surgeon at my side comments as he wraps a warm arm around my waist and pulls me close to him as we still stand in the car park. He presses a tender kiss to my temple as we both watch Edward slow to a fast-paced walk in the direction of his destination.

"I know, but I don't want to seem disrespectful to everyone else." My eyes fall upon an older woman knelt towards the ground a couple meters ahead. Her head was bowed downwards but now it's turned towards my brother who rushes past her. She doesn't say anything and when we reach her my apology is only met with a solemn nod of her head.

"Are you nervous?" I peel my attention away from Edward to look at Harry, whose gaze is on me, seemingly never leaving. I shake my head but stop wondering why I'm trying to lie to myself.

"A little. This is the first time we're all visiting them. I feel bad that we've not done this sooner. I hope they're not mad." Harry laughs lightly at me and presses another chaste kiss to my temple.

"That the only reason you're nervous?" A playful smile sprinkles Harry's lips as he speaks, his eyes wondering my face lovingly. I open my mouth to respond but am interrupted by Edward calling our names.

"I guess there's no time to be nervous anymore."

Harry and I approach Edward, who has already taken a seat in the slightly dewy grass. I feel the need to scold him for sitting carelessly, how he'll get sick since it's only March and he's sitting in the cold, damp grass, but I hold it back. My eyes immediately bypass Edward to what sits before him and I release a shaky breath.

"Hi mum, hi dad." I say into the air. My words receive no response but a cold breeze blowing my hair out of my face.

Their double tombstone looks sparkly clean underneath the frosty dew sparkling with the sun's rays. It's clean and no flowers sit in the holder placed specifically for them, aside from the ones that will soon find their home there.

"Edward, do you want a moment alone to say hello?" His eyes are glued to the stone and it's like he's memorizing the words written there for him to see. He shakes his head in silence and keeps still.

"Do you want a moment?" Harry pipes up. I shake my head and lead Harry over to the bench that sits close to my parents.

"Mum, dad, I hope you remember Harry." I start, motioning towards Harry as if my two parents are sitting right across from us. Harry sends them a wave, to which I laugh at, and I know my parents would be too. "He's only been here the one time," When you were placed beneath the surface of the ground, "but as you can tell he's stuck around."

I can't help but think about what it would have been like if Harry and I had met and begun seeing each other under different circumstances. Maybe we'd drive over to see my parent's and Edward once a month. My father and Harry would chat like men and watch the game with Edward as mum and I would bake to our hearts' content. Maybe my father would be cautious of Harry since my last relationship didn't end well, or maybe he just knew that Harry and I would be right for each other. The thought alone brings tears to brim my eyes.

"I miss you guys." I say just above a whisper, fearing if I speak any louder my voice will just break.

"Yeah, me too." Edward adds, extending his hand forward to place against the stone.