Familiar Hymn - Levi x Deaf!Reader

Requested by: RavenClawNinja

You walk into the park and sit down. You see that there are only a few other people there and sigh in relief. You admire the beautiful flowers nearby. A small smile appears on your face as you set your hands in you lap. You twiddle your fingers as you grab your sketchbook and start drawing the flowers.

You draw all the parts of the flowers and start shading it as you hear people walking by. You decide to look up and see 6 people talking to eachother. One is a blonde girl in a pink shirt, a girl with black hair in a white shirt, a boy with black hair in a blue shirt, a boy with black hair in a red shirt, a boy with dirty blonde hair in a yellow shirt, and a boy with black hair wearing a cowboy hat. You recognize the last one as Levi Weston, the famous musician.

You had heard that he now lived in Summer Cove and went to a school nearby. You had never seen him before since you went to another school for the deaf. Since you had trouble with your hearing and had hearing aids you had to go to another school that had different teaching techniques to help you learn since you were a kid.

Although, you were grateful for your school since it had one of the best art teachers you knew, Mr. Ramirez. He was the one to encourage you to follow your dreams of an art career when you graduate from high school. He had been pushing you to become more confident and try to talk to others as well since you always had been a bit shy and weren't great at talking to others.

You decide that you should go up to them and try talking. 'It doesn't hurt to try, right?' You think nervously as you get up and walk towards them. You're a bit nervous and anxious about what could happen but try to push those thoughts to the back of your mind. You walk towards them.

"Hi, I haven't seen you guys around before. Who are you guys?" You ask. "Oh, hi. My name's Brody. This is Calvin, Preston, Sarah, and Hayley. And of course Levi." Brody says as he puts his hand on Levi's shoulder and they chuckle. "Hi, nice to meet you." Levi says as he puts his hand out. "Nice to meet you too. My name's Y/N." You say as you shake his hand.

"Nice name." He says. "Hey, nice drawings." He says as you see that your drawings were showing. You hide them as you shyly say, "Uh, Thanks." "Maybe you can show me more of them sometime." He says. "Sure." You say. You smile at each other.

You all end up hanging out with each other for the rest of the day and you get to know all of them. You were able to slowly ease yourself into the conversation and got used to the group. You all become friends and you ended up getting their numbers so that you all can talk since you go to another school.

You didn't tell them that you were deaf, but you had a feeling they knew since they looked at your ears occasionally, but they didn't mention it. You were glad that they didn't mind you were deaf, and you didn't feel as nervous anymore because of that.

***

You and Levi had decided to go to the park one day. You had agreed to show him some of your sketches while he would play some of his songs. You had put on some nice clothes and waited for a few minutes. "Hey, Y/N." Levi says. "Hi Levi." You say. Levi sets down his guitar and sets down a cloth to sit on. You sit down and Levi his guitar as he sits down.

"Thanks." You say. "Don't mention it." He says as he smiles. You give a small smile back. "So, did you bring your drawings?" He asks. "Oh, yeah, they're right here." You say as you get out your sketchbook. On the front is a detailed drawing of a butterfly on a leaf. "Wow, that's really good." Levi says. "Thanks." You say. He carefully flips through the pages and looks at the several drawings.

"Wow, you're a really good artist. This is great." He says. You smile. You say, "Thanks, I don't think I'm great, but thanks." You say. "Well you are, trust me." He says. "Well, since I showed you my drawings I guess you'll sing for me." You say.

"Oh yeah, is there a certain song you want?" He asks. "Erm, I'm not sure. Maybe I'll be there?" You say. "Alright." He says as he smiles. He plays the beginning of the song and begins to sing the lyrics. You close your eyes and find yourself absentmindedly signing along to the song.

As he finishes the song you open your eyes and smile at him. "That was great." You say. "Thanks." Levi says. "No wonder your so famous, you're both a good songwriter and singer." You say. "Well I always try to make it good. I was correcting so many things for this song for hours in order to make this good." He says. "Wow. Well, it payed off." You say. You smile at each other and continue talking. You end up talking about different things for the rest of the day till it's time to go back to your homes.

"Oh god, it's really late. I have to go." You say. "Oh, yeah. I'll see you tomorrow Y/N." Levi says as he grabs the cloth and rolls it. "Yeah, bye Levi. Good luck with that test." You say. "Yeah, same to you. Bye!" He says. You both leave and go to your homes.

You smile at the thought of your time with Levi. You were glad that you had decided to speak up and talk to him and the others. You were glad that they were accepting of you being deaf and didn't act any differently than they did before. You were glad that you had good friends outside of your school now. You smile as you walk home, excited for the new days ahead of you.

***
Author's Note:
Okay, I am so sorry that I haven't updated in a bit. I'm still kind of sick, and it sucks. And of course school gets in the way too. I was coughing a lot before, but I'm not coughing as much anymore. I tried to write Levi well, but I think I'll write him better once the entirety of Super Ninja Steel is released and I can know more about his character.

I'm sorry this isn't as good as the others. I tried to make this good, but this ended up being shorter than other one shots and wasn't really romantic. Although the time they went to the park was honestly like a date, but feels more like friends hanging out.

Also, Y/N did later tell them she was deaf and they were okay with it. They didn't think her being deaf really mattered and just told her she was no different because of it. Also, the "date" takes place a few days after that.

Well, I hope you all still liked it. Thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoyed it. Have a good day!