ryder watanabe x jayden shiba - trust (and its many faults) pt. 1

PROMPT: Ryder is Mia's cousin who knows who the rangers are

PROMPT: Ryder is Mia's cousin who knows who the rangers are. This doesn't come as a shock to the others, especially Mia when they find out due to the girl's curious and somewhat clever nature. However, before this, she tries her hardest to keep it a secret from them that she knows. But it becomes obvious, and surprisingly enough, the by-the-books red ranger, Jayden, doesn't seem to mind this rule-breaking as much when it comes to her.

TRUST (AND ITS MANY FAULTS)
     season: samurai
   pairing: ryder watanabe/jayden shiba
    genre/summary: romance (slow)
  requested by: rosedaniel9

   RYDER WATANABE was a relatively normal person, too bad her family was the exact opposite, in a very, very miraculous way.

Having a superhero family was amazing, in many weird ways. She got to know little bits and pieces of some of the most superheroes in the world that no one else did, all from a few facetimes with her favorite cousin, Mia. No, she was not her favorite cousin just because she was a superhero, which did make her a complete badass in her book, but she was also really sweet, sensitive, and nice to be around.

Since she used to hang out with her every week, at least since they were kids, Ryder knew the ins and outs of Mia to a tee. Which, is why Ryder immediately knew Mia was lying when saying she had gotten a "sudden cooking internship far away," Well, that and Mia couldn't cook to save her life.

Mia didn't reveal the truth at first, it was only when she had mentioned one of her "cooking buddies" being apart of the Shiba bloodline and Mia adorning a Japanese emblem on her necklace, Ryder had been able to do some digging and find historical textbooks on the mysterious samurai rangers from centuries past. The pink ranger had the same emblem as Mia's, and the Shiba House was the almost exact location of the supposed legends, until recently, of Samurai rangers.

With that, Mia came clean about everything, and things were a lot less awkward between the two now that a couple of months had passed since then. Keeping secrets from her cousin had been a burden to Mia, but now that they could talk again, really talk again, Mia felt like a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. But, now, their calls were getting more sparse as reports of more nighlok attacks kept piling up.

So, it felt like no better time to visit her cousin. Ryder had already been planning to move over to the general area Mia was in to go to college anyway, so living with Mia and the rangers seemed like a match made in Heaven.

Mia had been wary at first, warning her of the dangers of the nighlok, but Ryder didn't care. Heck, she had a whole team of superheroes ready to protect her essentially. It really couldn't be any safer. Or free, because she was not going to let herself get any more broke due to college expenses.

After that, Mia had been ecstatic and convinced the other rangers to let her cousin stay for a few months to help her settle in the area.

Now, here Ryder was, standing in front of the Shiba household with two rolling suitcases in hand. Even though she was pretty sure of herself and confident typically, she was still a little nervous to meet the other rangers. She couldn't help but want to make a good impression since they were Mia's friends, and also since it would make living in the house a lot easier for her.