Sudden I Love You's are a Way of Healing the Heart - Casey x Ranger!Reader

Requested by: MaryamSahibzada

Y/N = Your name
R/C = Ranger color

After finishing your shift you set aside your apron and dust your hands off. You were the last one to finish and the others were getting ready to go to sleep. You feel like after all the battles this week that you need a breath of fresh air. You go outside for a walk. You walk around and go to a serene area plentiful with trees and bushes. You sit down and admire the starry sky. You sigh and take in your surroundings.

Suddenly loud footsteps interrupt your peace. You stand up to see Camille and her Rinshi. "Oh you have got to be kidding me? Can't they give me a break for once?" You mutter as you get into a fighting stance. "Oh, a Ranger by herself. This will be easier then I thought. Rinshi, get her!" Camille orders.

You start fighting the Rinshi. You kick two Rinshi behind you and one in front of you. Then you punch two to your side. You flip over and kick two Rinshi behind you. Suddenly four Rinshi grab your arms. You try to get out of their grip, but they're too strong.

"While I would look to kill you right now, Dai Shi says to take you back to his fortress so that we can taunt the rangers. They'll come for you and we can destroy you all." Camille says. "No, I'll make sure they won't fall for it." You say. "Oh, they will alright. They're your friends after all, which will be their downfall." Camille says. You keep trying to get out of their grip as they drag you back to Dai Shi'a fortress, but you fail, miserably.

***

You were now tied by chains to a wall. Of course you try to get out of it, but the chains are too tight and you're stuck. After hours of struggling to get out of the chains your fatigue takes over and you fall asleep into taunting nightmares.

***

You wake up and see Camille walk in. "Let me go." You say. Camille says, "Why would I do that when I've already sent the Rangers the message? They'll be here any minute now, and we'll finally destroy them." "That's not going to happen. We'll beat you." You say confidently. "Don't be so sure of that Ranger, I could kill you right now before they get here, and then they'll be down a ranger. We could easily kill them when they're too overcome with grief to fight." Camille says.

"Think again Camille!" Casey says as he bursts into the room. You smile as you see him in ranger form. You could hear Lily and Theo fighting the Rinshi and Dai Shi in the distance. "Ugh, Red Ranger. You want your precious r/c ranger? You'll have to go through me first." She says as she lunges at Casey.

Casey fights back and the two trade many punches, kicks, scratches, and slashes. Finally, Casey slashes Camille one last time and she falls on the floor. Lily and Theo run in, getting you out of the chains. "We're glad you're alright Y/N." Lily says. "Thanks." You say. "Now, it's four against one. That won't work out too well, now won't it." You say. Lily hands you your Morpher. "Jungle Beast, Spirit Unleashed!" You yell as you morph.

You all fight Camille, and a powerful Rinshi steps in to save Camille as Camille begrudgingly runs away to Dai Shi. You all fight the Rinshi till he's destroyed, and turns into a giant. You go through a MegaZord battle and destroy the Rinshi once and for all.

***

Afterwards the others put you in a hammock to rest and heal. Lily, of course, helps a lot with helping and healing you. RJ helps clear your mind and helps you talk about what happened. Theo is worried, but tries not to show it as much for your sake, knowing that if everyone is over emotional then it will make the situation worse, but still checks on you. Casey waits by your side as you heal. As you're about to sleep Casey doesn't leave.

"Hey, I'm going to sleep now. You can go to bed now." You say. "I know, I just want to make sure you're alright." Casey says. You smile as you say, "Hey, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me. I'm home now with you guys and that's all that matters. Okay?" You say.

"I know, I was just so worried when you were gone. I thought that they might kill you or hurt you. I just want to make sure you're alright now." He says. "Hey, you don't have to worry anymore. I don't think I'm going to go alone on night walks again anytime soon." You say. "Yeah, I wouldn't either after something like that." He says as he gives you a small smile.

You roll over to try and sleep, but Casey still stays. "I told you that you can go. You don't have to stay." You say. "I know. I just want to." He says. You chuckle. "Okay." You say. After a few seconds you say, "Thanks." "For what?" Casey asks. "For caring. You saved me back there, and I don't think I can thank you enough. Just, thanks for what you did back there." You thank. "Don't mention it. I care about you, a lot. I wasn't going to let anything happen to you." He assures.

After a minute your suddenly mutter, "I love you." You say it not even noticing you had. "I love you too." You hear Casey whisper after a few seconds. You realize that you had accidentally said what you were thinking aloud earlier.

You had always liked Casey. From the time you met when he was passing out towels you two started talking to eachother. Even though you were one of the best students at the Pai Zhua Academy and he was just a rookie, you two become friends quickly. You started to like him as a little more than a friend when you started living together when you, Lily, Theo, and him became Rangers. You learned even more about him and became even closer, causing your feelings to deepen into something more then friendly.

You smile as you feel Casey rest his head in your arm as you both fall asleep into pleasant dreams. You fall asleep with a small smile, knowing that Casey felt the same way.

You know Lily will probably smile and happily laugh when she finds out and Theo will just chuckle and shake his head. RJ will smile and spew something about how spiritually good it is to find one you love and give advice about it. You smile again at the thought and continue dreaming, eager to see what will happen the next day.

***
Author's Note:
I tried. I hope you like it. It was meant to be a bit ridiculous and sudden at the end, but I hope it's still good. Sorry if the dialogue is a bit off. I haven't watched Jungle Fury in a while so I had to refresh my memory by watching a few episodes on Netflix. It still holds up pretty well, and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a good day!

When Published: March 13, 2018