Chapter One - The Tragedy

This story contains sexual assault, violence, domestic violence, strong language, alcohol and drug use, self harm, verbal, and physical abuse.

I DO NOT encourage or support any of the things listed above.

All Rights Reserved
Copyright©︎KarmaaLo™️2019
Copyright©anonymous434_™️2024

Author's Note:

This story is dark.

As the author of this book, I want to make clear that even I do not wish for the main characters to be 'shipped' as a couple.

This is a re-telling of a story about a woman I didn't get a chance to know, but was only told about.

You deserved better Jesse.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
September 6th, 2004
Tazenwood, Florida
Tazenwood Police Department

8:17 A.M.

"Look, it was a misunderstanding. She's fine, just call her and see. Aye, did she mention that she threw a bowling ball at my foot? Nearly took my toes off." The middle-aged balding man pleaded his case to the officer in front of him.

Adriano did a fine job of ignoring the first three explanations the sobering man gave; while typing in the details of the DV report he decided to let him know this outcome wasn't going to change.

"Mr. Garrison, you're going to jail. End of story." Garrison continued to turn red as his anger rose to the surface.

He took in the view of the taped picture on the small wall of the gray desk. He at least thought he'd try one last attempt that always seemed to work.

"Cute family." The picture displayed Adriano, his wife, and a young girl all smiles, under a sunny day.

"I have kids too, they're much older and out of the house now. Kelly and I are just going through a rough patch. Don't send me to jail, man, please."

"I still have the choice to add resisting arrest; keep talking Garrison."

"Fuck you!" The man snapped with an unsuccessful push to the desk.
"-Resisting arrest once told to place his hands behind his back." Adriano verbally added as he typed.

"Does it make you feel like a man sending innocent people to jail, huh!?" Garrison continued his rant.

That was the start to a long morning, he scolded himself for not picking the firefighter route when choosing a civilian career.

Never in a million years would he have guessed this is how his life would turn out. He knew why he went this route; helping others let him deal with his past life just a bit easier.

They dealt with men like him in creative ways back in his old days as a made-man.

The life lived by those rules was long behind him now, he was a civilian, living in a little town with the woman he loved and the little girl that had a smile that made any horrible day ten times better.