Chapter Fifteen - No Escape

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Two weeks later...
Bishop's Office
December 11th, 2015
E

Love.
Stockholm Syndrome.

I was tipsy on Rosé as I sat on the couch again staring at Haley. You are not a real woman. You should be ashamed of yourself.

She looked so comforting on the outside but she wasn't. She barely gave me answers to my questions. She was just nosey when it came to me.

Another person joined us today. This woman looked like the human version of Cruella De Vil. Gorgeous in her old age as she listened to the tune of Luciano Pavarotti. Who was she? Why is she here?

The old woman was sitting at Bishop's desk knitting away as she still tuned in to my conversation. Haley hadn't really acknowledged her since I had gotten here.

Panic struck me. First of all I wasn't supposed to be drinking while on medication but I was in a numb state of mind for the past two weeks. Was this woman someone I imagined while here?

Cruella had a small smile on her face and I was wondering if I was the only one that could see her.

"Do you..." My eyebrows narrowed at the elegant attire she was wearing.

A dark purple blouse as the gray hair was curled with the right amount of volume to it. She looked up at me then smiled before going back to her task at hand.

"You see her too right?" I asked Bishop as she wrote something down then glanced at the woman and then me.

"Yes Elena, I see her too." I let out a sigh of relief running my hands through my hair.

"Why the fuck is she here?" It was rude, but my friendly tone was only reserved for someone who could actually get me early release from this penitentiary.

"Elena, that is no way to speak about her." Bishop scolded. I gave her a slow and an annoyance filled eye roll.

"Is she some kind of royalty? Can she get me the fuck away from your psychotic ass nephew before I bash his brains in?" I snapped with the building hatred inside me.

She sighed while adjusting her gold rimmed glasses. "Elena. Have you been drinking today?" I sat back with the ghost of a smile on my face.

"To deal with the headache that's in my room twenty-four fucking seven. You're gawddamn right I have."

"Excessive alcohol use while on your medication can cause nausea, migraines, and increase fatigue. This mood is quite different from the one earlier this week. Then I got the sense of confusion. Now it's just anger." She replied waiting for me to answer but I shrugged.

"The fuck do you want me to say? It's not going to change anything. You don't have to deal with him and this fucking burning." My chest burned as the flames came from my heart igniting my entire chest.

It was new and intense. Describing the pain as heartburn would be an understatement. It was deeper than my heart. It felt like my soul was burning.

"I hate him." I finally stated after my body cooled back down.

"Why?"