Chapter Thirteen - Ruby Red

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
October 9th
E

It had been another month here with Rachel's and the gentle Andreas.

Things were going good but lately Rachel's been dealing with a coked out Jayce. She's been bruised every other week.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she laid on her bed. She nodded and closed her eyes sighing as a stray tear rolled down her eye.

"I'm just so tired Elena." The words barely left her lips and when they did each word was so broken and I couldn't help the tears that stung my eyes. Moving the hair out of her face I cried silently with her.

We were still planning our escape and today I was supposed to sneak into the guards lounge and get a copy of the  FHG but I was gladly here taking care of her instead.

"Go get the guideline."

"No. I'm staying here with you, you need me Rach."

"I'm fine. They're going to be gone most of the day we need to go get it now. We already have the maids outfit." She encouraged.

Once they got back, in order to combat the scum in the Security room we had no choice but to let Marcus in on the plan. When I opened up to Rachel and told her about telling his mother everything and Marcus sending Debbie a while back it was our only hope.

If Pat was sick enough to have made copies of the evidence then that was the only way Marcus could fall into being blackmailed as well. To an even higher degree.

I sat thinking for a moment. "I'll be back as soon as I can, I promise Rachel." She nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I took a deep breath, I could do this.

The purple t-shirt had 'AC-II' in white font placed in the left corner of the shirt, I had denim jean capris to help blend in. Either of us had a pair of sneakers that all the maids wore so we had to go with black flats. I tucked the shirt in then made sure my hair covered the majority of my face or at least made it very difficult to see it.

The elevator I was in didn't continue to the Ground Level, it stopped on the fourth floor.

"Why are you on the elevator?" A man asked. I knew that voice. Who was it? Think...that was Kevin's voice. He wasn't much of a threat. My plan was to pretend I didn't speak English.

"No English, lo siento." I muttered.

I heard him sigh. "You're not supposed to be in the elevator. Are you new?" He replied in perfect Spanish.

Fuck! He knew Spanish?? I tried to think back to what other Spanish I knew. With my heart beating wildly I said sorry again in Spanish and got off as soon as the doors opened making my way to the kitchen pantry where no one happened to be currently. I waited for a second.

Get your mind right, it's okay just act natural as possible.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Guard Lounge

I looked at the clock and it was three on the dot. Second post takes lunch at three-fifteen.

I hurried in with a cloche tray. It smelled like hot food and stale cigars in here. Their lunch that was made sat waiting for them on the island. The black decor and no spot of color. The island was placed in the middle of the room. Four tables, a flatscreen and a black plush couch in front of it.