Chapter Nineteen - Five Digit Code

~*~*~*~*~*~*
Fun House
Level 3

An hour later I walked to the third floor numb, I managed to twist the ring for the rock to be facing inside of my palm.

I struggled not to drag me feet as there were two words that raced through my mind on a repeated loop over and over.

Pregnant.
Married.

Pregnant. Married.

I couldn't question it anymore. What was the point? The questions were answered already, they had been for months.

I had let myself live in denial seeing it as the best way to cope with all the emotions from my day to day here.

I used our special knock on the door, waiting for it to open.

He would hunt us down. There was no doubt.

Should I be putting Rachel through all of this? She would be taking the lead on the mission. Putting herself through removing the chip all alone in the garage while I stalled the guards and got the code.

She smiled. "Are you ready?"

A frown formed as she observed my mood. "What happened? Did he hurt you?"

Technically yes.

"Did you know that there are rings out there that exist to never be taken off? Why would someone even come up with that? Are people that crazy and controlling? How demented do you have to be to want to basically sew on a piece of material to another human being?"

Rachel shut her room door slinging the backpack over her shoulder. "Elena what happened?" Concern coated her face.

"He married me. I'm married to him." My lips moved but no other part of me did.

Was this shock? I thought I experienced it before but this was paralyzing.

"He what?!"

Pregnant.
Married.
Elena Capitani.

Married.

I held out my palm so she could see the rock glisten.

Rach muttered a curse word then got hold of my shoulders. "Hey. I need you to snap out of it ok? Look at me." She gave me a lite shake.

Pregnant.
Married.
House in Italy.
Elena Capitani.

I felt a few pats on my cheek and muffled words coming from in front of me. My shoulders shook again.

Now and forever addressed.
Elena Capitani.

Pregnant.
Married.

A hand flew across my face similar to the feeling of freezing cold water.

"Can you hear me!?"

I blinked back into reality.

"Elena can you hear me ok?"

I rubbed my cheek but nodded. "Thank you." I pulled her into a hug holding tightly hoping this all went well. I really didn't want to leave her alone in that big garage.

She'll be fine. She's the best mechanic we know.

"I'm alright. I just want everything to go well." Rachel grabbed onto the backpack I too brought along.

We began to walk to the elevator.

Taking the stairs would be too time consuming and we had given ourselves thirty minutes to get out. The halls were empty when walking to the end of the hallway.