Chapter Twelve - It Girl

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Naperville, Illinois
August 12th, 2015
Decker Oak Suburb
11:07 P.M.
A

The gated neighborhood was in deep sleep at this hour.

A security guard stood post in a booth and slid the window open as the Rover pulled up.

I rolled the window down.

"Good evening."

"I just need your visitor pass and resident number." He peaked inside at the rest of the men in the vehicle.

"No, you don't."

He made no other known expressions. He was very disciplined.

"Then I can't let you in, go ahead and turn the car around."

You're wasting my time.

"You don't have the authority to tell me I can't go in but that's okay it's not your fault; you aren't important enough to know. Now you can either let me in or I'll murder you and enjoy it."

He got on his two-way radio.

"Dispatch this Decker 221 requesting backup. Civilian's are refusing to leave send two units. Over?"

I stayed still and waited for the question.

"Do you have any on you I.D. Sir?"

I handed the I.D. card over.

"Driver's name is...Andreas Capitani. Spelled A-N-"

"This is Lieutenant Gregory Truman ordering you to let the vehicle through. Immediately." He frowned but said nothing and gave me the card back.

The gate opened.

"Thank you."

A few feet in I stopped the car, put it in reverse backing up to the post.

He still stood in a guarded position looking at me.

"Yes Sir?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Nothing, I almost forgot."

He was confused for a second before speaking. "Forgot wha-"

BANG. BANG.

I heard his body hit the ground with a thud and I stayed silent closely listening to his heart take it's final beats.

"Dre, you wanna tell us what this is about?" Leo asked from the passenger side.

"Call someone to get the body."

~*~*~*~*~*

"Why didn't you just send Trig's creepy ass to do this shit." Jayce bitched as we walked up to the small porch ringing the doorbell.

I stood with my hands crossed firmly in front of me. I patiently waited.

"This one is personal."