Chapter Eleven - The Capitani's

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Master Bedroom
6:28 P.M.
E

I didn't want to do this shit.

This thing itches! She used a wired hanger to scratch the inside of the cast.

It does not, you're being dramatic.

A maid came in after my shower with a complete outfit and shoes for the occasion. I was able to do everything else on my own. I didn't ask where the clothes came from, I just put them on quietly.

The floral print draped bodycon dress was absolutely beautiful. It was a tad bit short but still appropriate. The straps were thin but sturdy. The maid told me I had to wear the thin olive jean jacket and the pumps matched the jacket.

I hadnt been dressed up since the night before I got here. It was a nice break from the lingerie and comfy lazy clothes I had gotten accustom to.

After getting all the products I needed for my hair I was able to protectively straighten it for the evening.

The healthy strands shined in the bathroom lights. I ran my fingers through it easily.

This would be the only time I straighten my hair for a while. I wanted to still keep the heat away from it to prevent any kind of damage.

I tried to remember all of the make-up tip Rachel had taught me. Once I was done I think I did alright.

I had already gone to the clinic a nurse wrapped it in gauze and the jacket covered it effortlessly.

I looked at my reflection and the girl I saw looked hungry.

You should've eaten lunch.

I'm in the mood for tacos.

"Elena what is taking so lo,-" I turned to see Mr. Capitani staring at me. He just stood there. Images from last night floated past me while I took in his attire.

All black suit with no jacket, the sleeves neatly rolled up as a thick luxurious silver watch rested on his right wrist. We both stood silently.

Do you feel that? It's like a tingle?

His eyes roamed my body lingering on each part of my outfit. He slipped his hands into his pockets taking a deep breathe.

"Stop staring at me." I broke whatever the small staring contest was and moved forward towards the door where he still stood.

Elena. That man is smitten.

No he's a pig. Why do you always try and make him seem much less like a monster?

He collected his thoughts and spoke. "I told you two hours." Ah, and we're back to the sweet sweet authoritative tone.

I looked over at the clock.

6:32 P.M.

I faced him again with a bit of annoyance.

"Two minutes, Capitani. You're trippin' over two minutes." A ghost like smirk tried to lift one corner of his mouth and I followed out the door behind him.

We made our way outside. We didn't speak and my mind thought back to why he was taking to a function where his family would be. I did not care about whatever role he expected me to play this evening.

The dark starless sky was a comforting midnight blue. My eyes shifted down to the guards heavily securing the premises.

I understood he ran this place and made a lot of money while doing it but these armed men seemed to be here serving an entirely different purpose.