Is It Too Late?

My nerves are wracked and I desperately needed time to think about literally everything. But of course the universe had something else in mind for my day. I thought about my conversation with Scott, I replayed it over and over in my mind, hoping I did the right thing. I hoped that he'd kept his mouth shut about me being back in town, the last thing I needed was my brother and father getting their hopes up about me coming home and having them crushed by the fact that I'd probably never show up.

I somehow managed to talk Derek into helping me help train Scott, I figured since he's been a werewolf his whole life he'd had more expertise than I would. He did have a one catch though, we had to do it his way. I had a feeling that his way wouldn't be of much help to the new Beta.

Was it too late to leave Beacon Hills and pretend I was never here in the first place? Should I just ditch Derek and leave? I couldn't do that...... could I?

All these thoughts clouded my mind as me and Derek stood behind the bleachers at Beacon Hills High School. We wanted to keep an eye on Scott making sure he didn't shift and expose us all. I hadn't been paying attention much to what was happening, I never understood lacrosse, it wasn't the sport that was popular when I was in school. I was staring at the vibrant green grass beneath my feet when Derek patted me on the shoulder. I looked up and seen one of the players, I think his name is Jackson, was on the ground with everyone surrounding him.

Out of the corner of my eye I seen my brother walking Scott back to the school. I looked up at Derek with raised brows. "He shifted didn't he?" I asked. Derek looked down at me and nodded his head. Maybe this wouldn't be as easy as I hoped it would.

************
It was now night time and Derek had the bright idea to sneak into Scott's bedroom and warn him about shifting in public. And by warn I mean Derek will get in his face, threaten him, and then disappear.

I sighed as I looked up at the two story house, Scott's bedroom light was on. One problem with Derek's plan, among many problems, was that we had to climb into his room. And I for one am not a graceful person, I am by far the most clumsiest person on earth.

"How do you expect me to get all the way up there when I can't even walk normally without hurting myself." I told Derek as I continued to look up at the window.

"If you don't want to go then don't, it won't take that long." Derek said as he looked over at me with an amused expression.

I squinted my eyes at the window. "Oh I'm going, I gotta make sure you don't kill the poor kid, but if I hurt myself I'm blaming you." I said and looked at Derek and put my hands on my hips.

"Why's that?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Because this is your stupid idea, and if I get hurt it's because you expected the clumsiest person ever to climb into a two story window." I said as I walked over to the tree that was next to the McCall house.

Derek laughed a little as he followed me over to the tree and began to climb it with ease. "Show off." I muttered under my breath as I latched onto a branch and pulled myself up.

"Heard that." Derek said as he continued to climb. I looked up and noticed he was almost at the window.

"Well you were supposed to." I said and grabbed another branch and was slowly making my way up. I was only a few feet behind Derek when my foot slipped and I began to fall backwards. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact of the hard ground against my back, but it didn't come.

I opened one eye slowly and seen that Derek had caught my hand and stopped me from falling. He pulled me back onto the branch and I let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks." I said and began making my way towards the window once again, suddenly feeling awkward.